No contract for Kilger

puck7x

We arent qualifying him , so he is a UFA...

Bye bye Chad! (unless he signs with us at a cheaper price)

Kind of surprising , and kind of not surprising..

http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?site=r...on&sport=#83247

BTW : We did give qualifying offers to Koivu , Markov and Ribeiro .. no word about Dwyer

[Edited on 2003-6-30 by puck7x]

Yeah, it is a little surprising, but why would the Habs pay that much for a healthy scratch. I'd have no problem with him as a 4th line center, but at less money. And if he does go elsewhere (duh), there's one less body to worry about.

Maybe he can go to Nashville so he and Oleg can practice missing the net together.

Originally posted by huzer

Maybe he can go to Nashville so he and Oleg can practice missing the net together.

lol..

Now that you mention it I realize that the habs are going to be alot less frustrating to watch next season... No more Oleg "cant hit the ocean" Petrov , no more Chad "I'm Gretzky!" Kilger ... Now lets dump Craig "Bobby Orr" Rivet and we're set... heheeh

Along with Brisebois , Juneau , Dackell of course :)

Man this team has alot of crap on it.

[Edited on 2003-6-30 by puck7x]

Keep Gordie. He's a goon, and we need one on this team. While there is a lot of crap, he is an improvement on Kilger. I'm noticing everyone writing lines for next year, and he's not on them. Lindsay is gone, Blouin is as good as gone, Odjick is the 'bridge under troubled waters', but Gordie... we still need him. IMO he can become our version of McCarthy on NYR. A tough guy who can score 10 goals a year, but still get 150+ PIM. That would be a lot better than Zednik being our PIM leader.

It's the equivalent of Milan Hejduk being the PIM leader as well as goal scoring leader for his team. It just shouldn't happen.

I reckon his line with McKay at the end of last season was successful. Kilger was the centre on that line, and since he probably won't be back with us next season, we'll look for a filler. McKay was not competent previously, but if he plays better this season, I would be pleasantly surprised. I think we all would. We could stick JoJo in the middle until we get rid of him.

Or maybe Gratton... If we get rid of the rest of the crap...

But I'm drifting. My point is, give Dwyer a full season to show us his worth. Y'all will like it. He is the (and I quote) "Psycho this team has been missing". Lindsay didn't get the chance, and I wish him well on whatever team wants him. And if he comes back to haunt us, I'll have to say

:-^ Told ya so!!! :-^

Then again...

guess the reunion of Oleg and Chad will have to take place in somewhere other then Nashville :)

The team also bought out the final year of Oleg Petrov's contract, making him an unrestricted free agent. Petrov was another player acquired in a midseason trade, coming from the Montreal Canadiens.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0630/1575059.html

[Edited on 2003-7-1 by puck7x]

Poor Oleg...he exercises his option, and they buy out his contract.

(And from that same report...I see Hlavac wasn'f qualified...how long before people start talking about trying to pick him up. Ugh. )