KARIYA A UFA!

huzer

How strange that would be, since most folks assumed Selanne would go back to Anaheim to reunite with Kariya (still could happen), but that would be odd if the Ducks don't qualify Kariya. I guess the UFA list will grow a wee bit in about 3 hours, eh?

Also, it seems a little strange to me now that Selanne opted out of SJ, especially knowing about the uncertainty of UFAs this summer.

(Edit : Title fix)

[Edited on 2003-7-1 by puck7x]

I can't imagine that Kariya will get more than what he was making, i think he will probably end up with about 6-8 million a year. No one is going to pay him 10 million, especially with his recent numbers in the past few years, he has been anything but an elite scorer recently.

Selanne's priorities are geography, quality of team, then salary.

Unusual... but that's what it is.

I can't see anyone offer Kariya 10M, I think he'll stay in Anaheim for less salary... allowing the team to sign Selanne.

They also have to re-sign Sykora & Giguère... ouch

The Ducks are in a bad position...

Kariya made 10 million dollars last year , to qualify him they would have to offer 11 million , Kariya has refused to take a paycut... So unless the Ducks offer him 11 million he will become a UFA....

Do the Ducks want to pay him 11 million? Does he deserve 11 million? NO! , Does anyone deserve 11 million? hell no...

Imagine Kariya as a UFA , wow... Though I doubt he'd get more then 8 million a year . lol

Originally posted by GoHabs2002

tsn.ca,

Kariya is a free agent. Ducks do not offer a qualifying offer. The summer will be quite interesting.

Wow .... This summer is going to be very very interesting...

Any bets on where he ends up? Canada maybe? Who knows... anything could happen this summer... I mean he did become a UFA... thats pretty amazing

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just had one of the funniest ideas...

Remember team Canada at the WJC (well, of cours eyou do....)

Remember the Mario play? And how Mario and Kariya worked so well together during the tournament.

That's right...

Kariya to Pittsburgh! Sure, they can't afford him, but if it was just for one season...

Man, that would be so funny...

:lol: :lol: :lol: