GAME#36 Habs@Oilers 7:00 EST Dec 21 2019

DON

17-18 Habs vs 19-19 Oilers

Habs last win in Edmonton was March 12 2017

Yesterday's practice Lines; (Julien later on, 4:45 to post lineup)

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Domi - Armia
Vejdemo- Suzuki - Weal
Poehling - Thompson - Barber
Kotkaniemi

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Reilly - Fleury
Mete - Folin

Price
Lindgren

Nick Cousins was given a therapy day.

Both Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Victor Mete were still wearing blue "no contact" jerseys during the on-ice session.

I have a bad feeling about this game. Oilers lost last night so they are a desperate team (have lost 4 in a row at home I think),  Habs are probably feeling pretty comfortable after 2 wins on the road. Oilers saved their best goalie for this game as Koskinen has played far better than Smith. Price never seems to play that well against the Oilers.  I hope I am dead wrong but I think the desperate teams wins tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I have a bad feeling about this game. Oilers lost last night so they are a desperate team (have lost 4 in a row at home I think),  Habs are probably feeling pretty comfortable after 2 wins on the road. Oilers saved their best goalie for this game as Koskinen has played far better than Smith. Price never seems to play that well against the Oilers.  I hope I am dead wrong but I think the desperate teams wins tonight. 

Are you going to the game?

17 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Are you going to the game?

No, I have another commitment which I couldn't get out of. I have seen the Habs many times in Edmonton including the playoffs where the young Oilers knocked out the Habs in 81. That was a tough one to be at. 

4 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

I’ll be at the game.... Wish me luck! 

No such thing; but, just do what you can during warmup to rattle McDavid and the German's cages!

Just remind them that if neither gets a point the Oilers are 0-26, no pressure!

7 minutes ago, DON said:

No such thing; but, just do what you can during warmup to rattle McDavid and the German's cages!

Just remind them that if neither gets a point the Oilers are 0-26, no pressure!

Only problem with that is keeping them off the scoresheet.  I have a feeling those 2 are going to pick our defence apart tonight. 

14 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

No, I have another commitment which I couldn't get out of. I have seen the Habs many times in Edmonton including the playoffs where the young Oilers knocked out the Habs in 81. That was a tough one to be at. 

Right, that was the series where Guy Lafleur was supposed to "put Gretzky in his back pocket." Ouch.

Part of me misses the 5-game first round. It was even more intense than the current (wonderful) 7-game series, and lent itself to upsets.

6 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Only problem with that is keeping them off the scoresheet.  I have a feeling those 2 are going to pick our defence apart tonight. 

It also points to an seemingly easy defense; shadow, tagteam and harass just 2 players!

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Right, that was the series where Guy Lafleur was supposed to "put Gretzky in his back pocket." Ouch.

Part of me misses the 5-game first round. It was even more intense than the current (wonderful) 7-game series, and lent itself to upsets.

That was the one.  Dave Hunter harassed Guy endlessly.  Big  ouch. 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

What cost them the series was a young guy name Andy Moog who always seemed to have the habs number wherever he played.   

3 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

Took them about 90 seconds to do it.

Didn't like the shot into the crest killing the play while the Edmonton player was struggling to his feet, but Petry comes right back a few seconds later with an assist on the Danault tip.

Tie game, now stay the better team for the rest of the game.