2019-20 World Juniors Dec 26...Jan 2020

DON

25 minutes ago, Link67 said:

Don't like it one bit, you got Turcotte and Zegras, 2 great playmakers scattered around while a line of them 2 with Caufield would be wrecking havoc at any given moment. They would both benefit from a high percentage finisher like Caufield, and he would benefit from players able to find him every time he gets lost in the weeds.

U.S coach obviously has a strategy of his own, but I simply don't get it or like it, if you weren't planning on using Caufield as your version of Stamkos, why even bring him a long? Surely someone else would have been better suited to play 13 min with minimal PP time than him.

Exactly, Caufeild need to be played a certain way. He’s an offensive finisher, and a damn good one if used correctly. But he won’t do a whole lot for the team outside that.

Romanov looks great. Strong presence in the back. Faster then I thought... hes playing every other shift down the stretch in he 3rd. Definitely there best defender. Hes gonna be good.

Caufield has touched the puck once since I turned the tv on. 

It's actually pissing me off. Hes deployed as a checker with turcotte? I was hoping to get a real look at him. Its eerly similar to the way Canada deployed Suzuki last year.

As for Romanov. I'm very impressed with his skating. Then again, the whole Russian team seems to skate with great flow. You can tell Romanig is a step ahead of almost everyone. I can see him making an immediate impact next season.

Can't help to think how Kotkaniemi would have compete against the best players his age. For me only exceptional players should play in the NHL before 20. It's a lose lose situation to have kept the yougster in Montreal. His skating was not ready, his body was too weak to endure full 82 games, he lost the opportunity to win a junior title and habs list one maybe two years to entry level contract. Even Koivu said KK should have stay there.

4 minutes ago, Easy Ryder said:

Can't help to think how Kotkaniemi would have compete against the best players his age. For me only exceptional players should play in the NHL before 20. It's a lose lose situation to have kept the yougster in Montreal. His skating was not ready, his body was too weak to endure full 82 games, he lost the opportunity to win a junior title and habs list one maybe two years to entry level contract. Even Koivu said KK should have stay there.

Totally agree.  Another issue with MB has been rushing in 18 and 19 year olds before there ready, because it’s sooooooo hard to make a trade to fill your needs.  His big UFA signings haven’t inspired confidence - and no I’m not a chariot fan.  He’s leaps and bound better than Alzner, but basically is a #5 dman on a good team.

Late I know (just watching rerun of game), but I thought was great sign seeing Romanov focus on guy in front of net and cleared him out/flattened him twice and stopped one attempted shot,,,took a penalty doing it; but, still love seeing him working very hard in own end.:clap:

1 hour ago, DON said:

Late I know (just watching rerun of game), but I thought was great sign seeing Romanov focus on guy in front of net and cleared him out/flattened him twice and stopped one attempted shot,,,took a penalty doing it; but, still love seeing him working very hard in own end.:clap:

He can actually play defensively! 👍

24 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

He can actually play defensively! 👍

He has had an outstanding game so far, tied with 5 left in 3rd.

Norlinder havent noticed.