Dec. 23, Habs vs Jets, 8 PM

dlbalr

Suzuki is looking like a top talent.

His amazing pass got this team going.

I hope Kotka is back soon so he can continue to show his skill as well. Fleury is starting to look like a rock solid defender.

The kids are alright.

There was another hit where Armia was down on the ice for a few seconds as well. He played the rest of the shift afterward but didn’t return for the 3rd.

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I have a hockey crush on Nick Suzuki....

Nobody tell anybody. It's a secret!

I might have one as well. Just checking the highlights,  his passing skills are phenomenal. Almost the perfect guy  to play off the  half wall on the power play. 

6 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I might have one as well. Just checking the highlights,  his passing skills are phenomenal. Almost the perfect guy  to play off the  half wall on the power play. 

And just think about what he can do 5 on 5 when his linemates aren't Weal and Cousins. I hope he and Kotkaniemi play together next game, assuming Armia is good to go.

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

Armia is done for the night (upper body)

was a hand/wrist wasnt it?

Great game to end western swing on, now 4 days off till tough Florida back to back weekend and then Carolina on new years eve.

19 minutes ago, DON said:

was a hand/wrist wasnt it?

Great game to end western swing on, now 4 days off till tough Florida back to back weekend and then Carolina on new years eve.

Yeah looks like a hand or wrist from when beaulieu caught him.

Hopefully nothing like drouins timeline.

Fun game, liked that the Habs kept pressing all game. I can't wait for the mid-season point to see where they are and who may be just out of the playoffs and on the verge of panicking for a quick fix for the playoffs:

👀 yeah, looking at you Pittsburgh (Joseph) and you Vancouver (Juolevi) 👀

2 hours ago, DON said:

Suzuki 19pts in 37gms, 6th in rookie scoring, on pace for 42pt season, 4 points in last 3 games.:clap:

Just 8th among Hab forwards in icetime.

I am not an enthusiast of rookies, as a rule. Too often we strain to project all sorts of hopes on them in the absence of any real empirical evidence that they can actually fulfill those hopes. That's what we did with Galy and Eller, and now what we're doing with KoKo. But Suzuki looks like the real deal to me. Some of the plays he makes are eye-opening, and really do suggest that once he fully adapts he will be a very effective top-6 FW.

Great to see the Habs kicking ass on the dreaded western swing. The 2008 team did something similar, if memory serves. Normally it's death. But these guys desperately needed a strong December and got one. 👍