Bure?

Koivu11

I read from RDS.ca about bringing bure here?!

Some stupid ppl start these gay rumours but if it would happen it would be O.K!:)

Here's the story if u can read french!

Bob, va chercher Pavel

2005/08/12 18:15:54

par big_e

Ca serait tellement hot que Bure signe avec le CH. Ce gars la, quand il joue il produit, en saison, en série, tout le temps. Le seul problème, c'est que dernièrement il est souvent blessé mais je trouve que ca vaudrait le risque surtout qu'il ne demande pas trop cher surment justement à cause de son historique de blessures. Avec Koivu et Kovalev ca serait surment un excellent trio. Au pire on met Bure avec Ribeiro et Ryder parce que Zednik chiale s'il est pas avec Koivu.

Bure produisait même dans des équipes qui n'allaient nul part comme les Panthers et les Rangers. L'année dernière, 19 buts en 39 matchs...pas si pire. L'année d'avant, 12 buts en 12 matchs.

Je pense tout simplement que ce serait un bon coup de Bob de le signer car le monde à Montréal reconnaissent le talent de Pavel, un peu comme Kovalev, ces gars la ont du talent, c'est évident. Ca créerait une frénésie de plus pour le début de saison.

Allez Bob, gamble pour Bure (c'est sur que c'est risqué), pis s'il reste en santé toute la saison, le Canadien va être dangeureux.

Sounds like a good risk, if you give him 1 million and a few million in incentives which don't count against the cap. Low risk, high reward, if he gets injured it's no big deal and it's only a one year deal if he doesn't he'll perform. I would only worry that he hasn't played in a couple of years.

The leafs did it with Allison and the Habs can one up them again b/c if i was taking an often injured player on I'd rather have the Russian Rocket anyday.

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

if you give him 1 million and a few million in incentives which don't count against the cap

Don't believe you can include incentives that don't count against the cap, can you?

I mean, otherwise we could have written a contract giving Kovalev $1 Million and write in a $3.5 million bonus for scoring over one goal -- and that $3.5 wouldn't count against the cap! Extreme case but you get the idea.

So I'd guess either:

1. bonuses count against the cap

or

2. the new CBA has an awfully big loophole

Originally posted by HABS Fan Nr.1

Yes, bonuses count against the cap.

BTW. Who knows how much bonuses Lindros and Allison could get ...?

Allison has a 1,5 mil contract that maxes out at $3 mil with bonuses. Don't know about Lindros.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...93064&t=TS_Home

Because Bure missed more than 100 days of hockey in the last NHL season he will fit into a similar category as Allison, where only his base salary counts against the cap. It's only those players who are eligible for any bonuses and incentives at all, normal players cannot get any period under this CBA. But those incentives for people meeting the injury requirement of the previous year DO NOT count against the cap.

Lindross did not fit into that category as he had played too much with the Rangers in the last season, thus he is getting 1.5 with no bonuses, while Allison is getting a base of 1.5 with up to 3 M in bonuses that do not count against the cap.

It is for that reason that I think 1M plus bonuses that DO NOT count against the cap is a low risk to pay for a guy with Bure's talent, as long as his knees have recovered and he can pass a physical of course.

From Foxsports.com:

"According to the report, Gillis also commented on the NHL future of another client, Pavel Bure, stating that there doesn't seem to be a future for him in the league.

"(Bure) is extremely worried about ability to live a normal life," Gillis said, referring to Bure's numerous knee operations. He indicated another knee reconstruction would be necessary for Bure to consider coming back."

In my opinion, the habs need a top flight defenseman and need to sign their RFA's first. Bure can be picked up at a later date.

Although seeing him in the line-up along side Kovalev would be fantasic. Koivu would top 100 points for sure. Bure could also be benefitial (along with Kovalev) in the grooming of youngsters like Kostitsyn and Perezhogin. Veteran countrymen can help make the transition from Europe to North America a lot easier.

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

Because Bure missed more than 100 days of hockey in the last NHL season he will fit into a similar category as Allison, where only his base salary counts against the cap. It's only those players who are eligible for any bonuses and incentives at all, normal players cannot get any period under this CBA. But those incentives for people meeting the injury requirement of the previous year DO NOT count against the cap.

Lindross did not fit into that category as he had played too much with the Rangers in the last season, thus he is getting 1.5 with no bonuses, while Allison is getting a base of 1.5 with up to 3 M in bonuses that do not count against the cap.

It is for that reason that I think 1M plus bonuses that DO NOT count against the cap is a low risk to pay for a guy with Bure's talent, as long as his knees have recovered and he can pass a physical of course.

I understand that any bonus money paid to players such as Alison and Bure who were injured in 03-04 counts against the cap next year (06-07).

That is partially true, only a percentage of it counts against next years cap. I'm not exactly sure how that percentage is determined but that is what the Toronto Star reported regarding Allison. I threw out the paper so I can't say exactly what his personal maximum was for next year, but I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

[Edited on 2005/8/13 by gohabsgo252006]

Well I looked around a bit and I can't find a definitive answer to this question but it looks like the answer is as follows.

Allison's performance bonuses count against this year's cap unless they push the Leafs over the cap limit. Then whatever amount the Leafs exceed the cap by will count against next year's cap.

Bure hasn't played since 2003. That's a long time. On top of that, his knees are shot.

That's too bad but as an addition to the team at the suggested 1 million dollars would be a VERY bad risk.

Toronto should sign him: They could from a line with Bure, Lindros and Allison and call them the medical marvels

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure this is nothing and if it was something it would be a stupid move. Montreal already has lots of forwards, they need to let the young guys in, there is no way they need to sign anymore forwards.

Originally posted by PMAC

Toronto should sign him: They could from a line with Bure, Lindros and Allison and call them the medical marvels

HAHAHA!!!:/)

No way we want Mr. NO-KNEES. Man that would kill us if we dont find room for the young guys. Its time for him to retire. I like the Toronto joke as it is so close to the truth, the fans in T-Dot are still talking Leaf Cup in 2005. They should say 2055 the way they trade their young guys away once they start to play well.

Doesn't it say something when a guy needs sugery just to be able to come back and play? Thats just pathetic. And especially because its his knees...wow.

No way in hell do I want this guy on my team.

Nevermind the injuries, the guy is cancer in the lockerroom and plays no defense out on the ice.

No thanks...I'd pass on this guy

Originally posted by PMAC

Nah, bring back Lindros's brother instead and call them the Concussion Crew.

I like it. Our motto for the Toronto games should be " watch the Leafs fall"

Allision, Lindros and Bure (or B. Lindros) could also form the Legion of the Doomed line