Habs vs Panthers

Trizzak

The fourth goal was just a back breaker.

You can tell they are getting tired of digging themselves out of these holes and it’s there leader that keeps letting this happen in Price, not that the defensive coverage is doing him any favour but Bob is making the saves and he’s not getting any help either.

What did Price have to do with the 4th goal? 

Or the 5th for that matter, it was a rocket top shelf after a blown coverage. 

They should have called Primeau up and played him, no reason to play Price back to back

That siad, the defensive zone and dumb penalties kill them every night

Habs never get odd man rushes, give up 3 to 5 a night

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

What did Price have to do with the 4th goal? 

He should have hugged his post better, freaky to be sure but he could have had it.

Or the 5th for that matter, it was a rocket top shelf after a blown coverage. 

Blown coverage but he just whiffed on it glove side.

They should have called Primeau up and played him, no reason to play Price back to back

I agree, they probably wanted to give Price the ability to redeem himself but sometimes I feel he needs to be saved from himself.

And there it is 6 goals..

Price may not be to blame for all (or even most) of the goals, but he's not saving the near-impossible that he once did.

If he cannot pick up his performance (and soon), our chances of a playoff berth are pretty much nil.

If we score on this power play we’re still in the game. 

8 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Gallagher never quits. Hardest working player I can remember in Montreal. 

There was also this little Finnish guy, almost the same size as Gallagher, who never gave up. Saku something maybe?

3 hours ago, Trizzak said:

No changes to the lineup. At all. Price is playing a back to back. Awesome. 

Barber played 3 minutes this game. Price allowed 6 goals. 

Claude's lineup decisions on back-to-backs really bother me. If you don't trust a guy to give you ~10 minutes of ice time, then dress someone else ESPECIALLY when it's 2 games in 2 nights. If you don't trust your backup to play at all, tell Bergevin to bring up Primeau. 

• Upvote 2

Another 5+ on Carey Price.  He's not just struggling a little, his numbers outright stink:

Amongst goaltenders with at least 10 games played

He ranks 41st in save percentage (.901)

He ranks 41st in goals against average (3.03)

He ranks 1st in goals allowed (95)

The team defense in front of him isn't good...there is no denying that.  But when you are supposed to be an all-star goaltender, and your team scores a pretty good number of goals on most nights to help offset some of their gaffes, you should be able to make enough big saves to steal more wins than Price does.

• Upvote 2

Yes,  Price has not been there for us over the last couple games out of the break which is disappointing. The team has provided the "run support". However, with some very odd bounces not going our way combined with some defensive lapses and next thing you know he's completely destroyed my fantasy goalie stats for last week and started off this new week brutally!

The good news though is Kotkaniemi has found the back of the twine twice in as many games since his return and Suzuki grows in stature by the period....

My mind has been back and forth on Price. On the one hand Price does face too many odd man rushes and too many high danger scoring chances (not to mention the crazy bounces last couple of games). On the other hand Price is our franchise player and frankly he often looks lost or confused out there and he seems to have a lot of trouble tracking the puck.

Justified or not Price is not playing well enough.

I'm in favor in bringing Primeau up to push Price and to give Price more rest.

14 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Dunno if it was mid-change or not but Poehling - Kotkaniemi - Suzuki was on the ice for a solid 30 seconds there.

I liked it as well, but i think Suzuki make any linemate combo better, a la Gallagher.

14 hours ago, Commandant said:

The first one hit the guy screening him (who then bumped price) and price had no idea where it was.

Priced lost sight of puck and looked like fish out of water, he should of simply got back in position in net, just my take without looking at any replay and he had bad game overall.

Petry 8pts in last 4 gms

Suzuki 19:48 good, Poehling just 7:44 so maybe should be in Laval.

Another road goal for Kotkaniemi.

Suzuki now tied 4th in rookie scoring.

13 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Barber played 3 minutes this game. Price allowed 6 goals. 

Claude's lineup decisions on back-to-backs really bother me. If you don't trust a guy to give you ~10 minutes of ice time, then dress someone else ESPECIALLY when it's 2 games in 2 nights. If you don't trust your backup to play at all, tell Bergevin to bring up Primeau. 

Danault is good but why play him 23:23 minutes, 19:14 for Gallagher seems alot given the way he plays every shift.