Reilly traded for AHL depth and 5th in 2021

alfredoh2009

• dlbalr changed the title to Reilly traded for AHL depth and 5th in 2021

Sturtz is a complete non-prospect.  Given how many injuries (and players lost to recall) that Laval has though, he might go from being a fringe guy in Belleville to the third line with the Rocket.  At least it's an expiring contract.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Sturtz is a complete non-prospect.  Given how many injuries (and players lost to recall) that Laval has though, he might go from being a fringe guy in Belleville to the third line with the Rocket.  At least it's an expiring contract.

He wasn't even named in the title of this thread. I don't think anyone assumed he was a valuable piece. 

22 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I expect he was pretty much a throw-in in the deal, but adding him to the Rocket will be helpful, at least for this season.

45 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

He wasn't even named in the title of this thread. I don't think anyone assumed he was a valuable piece. 

I know - but since not everyone looks up who some of these depth guys are, I figured it was worth mentioning that he's not a prospect of consequence.

Too bad about Reilly. He will get ample opportunity in Ottawa, but ultimately seems to lack the hockey sense to complement his wheels and will likely never be more than a borderline case.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Too bad about Reilly. He will get ample opportunity in Ottawa, but ultimately seems to lack the hockey sense to complement his wheels and will likely never be more than a borderline case.

I saw him a less skilled Gaston Gingras, minus the shot, so no real loss.

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I saw him a less skilled Gaston Gingras, minus the shot, so no real loss.

That is a very elegant way of saying almost useless 

*Christian Folin enters Bergevin office during a meeting with Claude Julien*

Folin: "Hey, sorry to interrupt. I see that you traded Reilly. If you can find a place for me next I would appreciate it. Even if it's waivers and being sent to Laval. I just want to play."

Bergevin: "I understand. I'll see what I can do for you."

*Folin leaves*

Julien: "Who was that?"

Bergevin: "I dunno."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I expect he was pretty much a throw-in in the deal, but adding him to the Rocket will be helpful, at least for this season.

So as it turns out, Sturtz has missed more than a month due to injury so he's not going to help there after all (at least for now).  Sounds like a recurring shoulder issue.

11 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Do you mean that Sturtz gets us up to 50? Or this gets Ottawa down to 50?

It's more that his inclusion was solely for the contract limit, not because Montreal actually wanted him.  Montreal is at 49 after signing Kovalchuk while Ottawa is at 48.