Jan 4, Penguins vs Habs, 7 PM

tomh009

Just now, BCHabnut said:

That was a terrible line change.

By "line" I think you mean "Suzuki".

We get a point. But given where we are in the standings, halfway through the season, it's really not enough, especially given the opportunity to take two.

Just now, sbhatt said:

Stupidity by Suzuki, and you had to know that we would never get the repreive on video review.

Honestly, I think that was a good goal, as much as I hate to say it. :(

Just now, tomh009 said:

Yes, but I'm about 80% sure that if we have the same scenario at the other end, we get screwed.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

By "line" I think you mean "Suzuki".

We get a point. But given where we are in the standings, halfway through the season, it's really not enough, especially given the opportunity to take two.

Chiarot had a brutal line change too that helped lead to the first two-on-one.  Then Suzuki's led to the winner.

Just now, tomh009 said:

Same here.

Thompson didnt cover his man on goal #2, 

So Suzuki made a mistake on a team that made a bunch of mistakes, 

The goal scorer still beat the habs player for the rebound 

On the positive notes ...

• Two goals by Lehkonen; he's easily on pace for a career high, without seeing any PP time
  • Price playing like we expect Price to play
  • Domi's point streak continues
  • Scandella!
  • Upvote 1

Again, the blue goalie crease seems to mean absolutely nothing, as the winning goal showed.

PK went 4-4 which was good.

21:52 for Suzuki (maybe was just gassed on OT and simply had to change?)

14minute for Poehling, is good amount.

Chiarot 26:59

Fleury had 3 shots and looked pretty good out there.

You know what bugged me about that game? The hockey gods wouldn't even allow us the sort of special moments that even losing teams sometimes get to enjoy. E.g., Scandella comes home, his tearful mom is in the crowd, it's a nice story - then he rips a slapshot that beats Murray and clangs off the crossbar. That goal would have been the perfect capstone, a great moment. But not to be. Similarly, Lemon-Hands Lehkonen gets two. Nice story, but the really special moment would have been a hat-trick. He had about three grade-A chances to make it happen and came within an inch in one of them. But not to be either.

Sigh...

Anyway, the Pens were the more dangerous team for most of the night, and the Habs made too many defensive mistakes. I think the overuse of Chiarot and maybe even Petry is starting to show. At least Price played very well, and I thought Scandella looked good.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

You know what bugged me about that game? The hockey gods wouldn't even allow us the sort of special moments that even losing teams sometimes get to enjoy. E.g., Scandella comes home, his tearful mom is in the crowd, it's a nice story - then he rips a slapshot that beats Murray and clangs off the crossbar. That goal would have been the perfect capstone, a great moment. But not to be. Similarly, Lemon-Hands Lehkonen gets two. Nice story, but the really special moment would have been a hat-trick. He had about three grade-A chances to make it happen and came within an inch in one of them. But not to be either.

Sigh...

Anyway, the Pens were the more dangerous team for most of the night, and the Habs made too many defensive mistakes. I think the overuse of Chiarot and maybe even Petry is starting to show. At least Price played very well, and I thought Scandella looked good.

Couldnt agree more. Especially on Lehkonan. Guy does everything right but just cant find the net. Misses a breakaway hits then hits a post  to wi  it with a hatty.  Meanwhile everyone and there mother seems to score there first career goal or get there first shutout in the only true Mecca of Hockey.

What I dont agree is on Chairot. He is in good form at the moment and hasnt slowed down. I'm ok with his use because he doesn't seem out of place with the added minutes. Mete however, didnt look to fluid in his game.