Winnipeg @ Habs gamethread Jan 6 2020.

Dalhabs

Huge save by Price on the 2-on-1.  And once again, the strategy of trying to stop everything resulted in Winnipeg getting exactly what they wanted in terms of getting the pass through as Weber wasn't able to stop anything.  They need to stop with that.  Take the puck carrier and force the pass early or hedge towards the potential receiver and try to force the shot and allow Price to play it straight up.  Otherwise, it looks like this:

1192326191_slide.jpg

That SHG ... a cross-ice pass by Suzuki, Tatar couldn't handle it, and the Jets scored on a 2-0 break. Clearly not Price's fault, but would you lay fault on the pass, or the fumbled reception?

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

That SHG ... a cross-ice pass by Suzuki, Tatar couldn't handle it, and the Jets scored on a 2-0 break. Clearly not Price's fault, but would you lay fault on the pass, or the fumbled reception?

The pass. That was a bad choice by Suzuki. Trying to cross ice through two defenders when all momentum is forward. No a good choice. He did it again inside the opposing blue line as well. 

He never makes the big save when needed anymore...ffs.  Yeah, it was a breakaway...yeah, this team gives up way too many 2 on 1's and breakaways.  But when you're making 10.5 per based on your being the best in the world, you should occasionally bail your team out.

2 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Lord jesus. Enough with the breakaways and odd man rushes.

There are some guys on this team that deserve to be bag skated, no doubt about it.

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

He never makes the big save when needed anymore...ffs.  Yeah, it was a breakaway...yeah, this team gives up way too many 2 on 1's and breakaways.  But when you're making 10.5 per based on your being the best in the world, you should occasionally bail your team out.

I partly agree but how many of those plays do they give up a game vs how many the get? Its lopsided for sure.

9 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I think this might be offside.

Edit: I am happy to be wrong. 

If it wasn't a penalty for being wrong, it might have been. Those super close ones , play should continue. I like the penalty consequence. Follows the spirit of the rule vs the letter.