Jan. 9, Oilers vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

7 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

53 points in 37 games? I think we’re beyond salvation now. Let’s hope Bergevin can sell some (older) assets at the deadline, and then let’s enjoy the draft.

They should be taking a playbook form the leafs in the Austin Mathews draft. Don’t subject the kids through this.  Put in career minor leaguers.

8 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

They don’t need to try and blow games. This simply is not a good time, poorly constructed with too many holes and kids put in positions they shouldn’t be in.

tires of hearing about bad bounces.  Good teams good bounces go there way more on average.  Bad teams use them as an excuse.

Please tell what reason you have for them not blowing games. We have no chance the for the playoff. We sell off top line players and eat a few years of contending.

its long overdue. We have been robbed on a lot of games by refs but we can’t control that. Until the NHL fixes their flawed replay system we are screwed.

28 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

53 points in 37 games? I think we’re beyond salvation now. Let’s hope Bergevin can sell some (older) assets at the deadline, and then let’s enjoy the draft.

I know that  but the question is does Bergevin know that. What's he going to do from now to trade deadline to try and save his job?

Tank Watch!

The worst part of The Tank is watching your own team lose. The 2nd worst part of The Tank is watching other teams below your team also lose. Who did the Habs (43 points) a favour tonight?

The Sharks (44 pts) leapfrogged Montreal in the standings with their win over Columbus.

LA (40 pts) beat Vegas to get within 3 points of the Habs.

Anaheim (39 pts) failed to score and dropped the game to Dallas.

The Devils (37 pts) lost to the Rangers.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Tank Watch!

The worst part of The Tank is watching your own team lose. The 2nd worst part of The Tank is watching other teams below your team also lose. Who did the Habs (43 points) a favour tonight?

The Sharks (44 pts) leapfrogged Montreal in the standings with their win over Columbus.

I don't think we can get below the Red Wings...but everyone else is within the realm of possibility.

Let's give Price enough rest so he can rehabilitate his value down the stretch and into next season.  He's not exactly hindering the tank at this point, but there's no need to run him into the ground.  Weber and Gallagher should also be protected from playing too many tough minutes.  

9 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

I know that  but the question is does Bergevin know that. What's he going to do from now to trade deadline to try and save his job?

What he should be doing is sitting on his couch

You want to wreck a dressing room, lose 8 games in a row, TWICE! At the very least; an interim coach should be taking over for the time being. Julien does not have an answer. 

9 hours ago, CockyHabs86 said:

We have been robbed on a lot of games by refs but we can’t control that. Until the NHL fixes their flawed replay system we are screwed.

Oh, its the refs. Oh thank god! I thought it might be the injuries or a mediocre NHL roster, but if is just the refs, now i can sleep better.:hammer:

Hope whoever runs the PP in Montréal had a look at McDavid last night.

The way he gets out of the offensive zone while his team has the puck, just to re-enter the zone at 75% speed, receive a pass, bring 1 or 2 defenders near him and then making a move or a pass.  It resulted in RNH's goal and it was pretty slick.

Not saying that we should do that on every PP, but maybe juggle with strategies instead of always being static and passing the puck along the board until Weber gets opened for a point shot.

I know the PP has been good this  this season, but we're still to easy to read, IMO.

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

The way he gets out of the offensive zone while his team has the puck, just to re-enter the zone at 75% speed, receive a pass, bring 1 or 2 defenders near him and then making a move or a pass.  It resulted in RNH's goal and it was pretty slick.

Not saying that we should do that on every PP, but maybe juggle with strategies instead of always being static and passing the puck along the board until Weber gets opened for a point shot.

I know the PP has been good this  this season, but we're still to easy to read, IMO.

The issue we don’t have anyone with even half of McDavid’s skill level.

2 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

I thinks the CH should draft a McDavid before trying to run PP as if we had that type of player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

The issue we don’t have anyone with even half of McDavid’s skill level.

23 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I thinks the CH should draft a McDavid before trying to run PP as if we had that type of player

Not that I Believe he has McDavid's skills at all, but I could see Drouin pulling some of these moves.

1 minute ago, JoeLassister said:

Not that I Believe he has McDavid's skills at all, but I could see Drouin pulling some of these moves.

or Domi, or Suzuki

21 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Tank Watch!

Tank brothers! Tonight we have been blessed! A THREE POINT GAME!

Detroit and Ottawa go to extra time, with Detroit taking it in the shootout. 

20 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

If your franchise is hinging on Drouin, you have a serious freaking problem.

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If your franchise is hinging on Drouin, you have a serious freaking problem.

Pretty sure  all I said what that Drouin could possible pull some of the moves McDavid does when he skates out of the offensive zone during a PP and comes back full speed.