Do Habs get πŸ”₯ tonight or put out the Flame πŸ€” GT 7pm

Habsfan89

Just now, sbhatt said:

A loss with Kovalchuk scoring a pair of goals would be ok by me.Β  I'm hoping he stays hot for max trade value at the deadline.

Something tells me Bergevin is going to be stubborn and try and make the playoffs. Which means we're going to pick 15th again in the draft.

9 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Something tells me Bergevin is going to be stubborn and try and make the playoffs. Which means we're going to pick 15th again in the draft.

Β 

You're probably right.Β  It's what this franchise has done more often than not.

3 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Β 

You're probably right.Β  It's what this franchise has done more often than not.

Β 

Weve picked 3rd overall twice since 2012.Β  Weve picked between 10-15 (barely missing the playoffs)... once in that same span.

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Β 

Weve picked 3rd overall twice since 2012.Β  Weve picked between 10-15 (barely missing the playoffs)... once in that same span.

Β 

Β 

I'm thinking much longer term (back to the 80s)Β  I can't recall many outright tank jobs.

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Β 

We seem to finish in bottom 3 in the wrong years. When ever its a deep draft we take ourselves out of a lottery pick, when we should be thinking lottery pick and elite player.

1 minute ago, Habsfan89 said:

We seem to finish in bottom 3 in the wrong years. When ever its a deep draft we take ourselves out of a lottery pick, when we should be thinking lottery pick and elite player.

Β 

The players arent going to quit and tank.Β  Its not in their nature.Β  This team is going to get healthy and win some games in february march and april.Β  They arent a bottom three rosterΒ 

11 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Β 

Β 

I'm thinking much longer term (back to the 80s)Β  I can't recall many outright tank jobs.

Β 

This team has more often than not made the playoffs since the 80s.Β Β 

Β 

And even if you tank now... its less than 20% to pick 1st and less than 50 to pick top 3

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Β 

Β 

And even if you tank now... its less than 20% to pick 1st and less than 50 to pick top 3

I don’t know why we are being the 80’s into the discussion. Β For the most part, thisΒ team hasΒ been a bubble team or worse since the Roy trade. Β 

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Β 

Β 

1-10 you're going to get an elite player. Β You don't always need the 1st overall pick unless theirs a McDavid type player.Β We just seem to have bad luck and end up with a top 3 pick in not so deep draft years

16 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

1-10 you're going to get an elite player. Β You don't always need the 1st overall pick unless theirs a McDavid type player.Β We just seem to have bad luck and end up with a top 3 pick in not so deep draft years

Β 

go look at past drafts, you are far from guaranteed an elite player in the 3-10 range.Β 

Β 

there are a lot of average players in that range.Β 

Β 

Even if they don't make the playoffs, might as well play some fun hockey down the stretch as well as giving Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Mete, Fleury, etc.. the experience of playing in high pressure games which will be valuable to development.Β  As long as there is a chance, I can't cheer for the team to lose... when they are officially out of it, fine, but not now.Β 

• Like 1

This has been a pretty strong first couple of periods.Β  But will they get the yips in the third again?

Β 

I'm a little surprised with the lack of ice time on the third pairing - Mete is at 6:09 and Fleury at 7:30.Β  That's low, especially knowing that this is the first of a 3-in-4 stretch.

27 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Β 

go look at past drafts, you are far from guaranteed an elite player in the 3-10 range.Β 

Β 

there are a lot of average players in that range.Β 

Β 

Even if they don't make the playoffs, might as well play some fun hockey down the stretch as well as giving Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Mete, Fleury, etc.. the experience of playing in high pressure games which will be valuable to development.Β  As long as there is a chance, I can't cheer for the team to lose... when they are officially out of it, fine, but not now.Β 

I am talking deep drafts not weak one's. But that's the thing though, theirs no chance. We don't have any games on hand with teams we have to pass.

Β 

If we did have games In hand i would say go for the playoff spot. But we have to come to a reality check no playoffs this year.