Do Habs get 🔥 tonight or put out the Flame 🤔 GT 7pm

Habsfan89

I didn't see the game (vacation ...) but from the shot totals it looks like we were overwhelmed again in the third (shots 32-16 for us through second. 15-5 for the Flames in the third) but fortunately we were the ones to score the only goal.

Or are the shot totals totally misleading here?

20 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I didn't see the game (vacation ...) but from the shot totals it looks like we were overwhelmed again in the third (shots 32-16 for us through second. 15-5 for the Flames in the third) but fortunately we were the ones to score the only goal.

Or are the shot totals totally misleading here?

Calgary was the better team in the period.  The Habs were better than what they've been in recent games (although that doesn't say much and they still have a lot of work to do in that regard).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Weisse has been ok as a 4th liner.

Yes, he has looked fine and seems i was off on Kovalchuk as well.

Great that Poehling finally gets one and shutout for Price was nice bonus.:gohabsgo:

We gave gained 4pnts on the leafs in 2 games. I am tired of hearing people say it is over. Mid season folks. RIELLY gone for 2 months. Lets see them handle a few jew injuries as our team gets healthy. Never give up. Go Habs Go!! 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

We gave gained 4pnts on the leafs in 2 games. I am tired of hearing people say it is over. Mid season folks. RIELLY gone for 2 months. Lets see them handle a few jew injuries as our team gets healthy. Never give up. Go Habs Go!! 

Yes, Never give up, never surrender! 

30 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

35 games left = 70pts

We have 47pts

Lets say 97 pts gets you the last wild card spot. Which means we need 50pts out of the 70pts, plus we have zero games in hand on team's we are going to have to pass. Which means we're finishing the same spot as last year, which is funny since its the same team as last year. You get what you pay for. Do I hope the habs make the playoffs yes, do I want the habs to make the playoffs yes. But at some point you need to be realistic.

If we do make the playoffs i will say nothing bad about Bergevin for all of next year.🤝

They are 2-8 in there last 10 games, 

2, 8 game losing streaks, 

You pretty much need Price to pitch a shut out to win

They are going no where fast, 

At eh end of the year MB will say, we had a  lot of injuries, we are close to playoff contenders, fans and media will go for it, Rinse / Repeat 

They need to be sellers at the deadline 

13 minutes ago, Chris said:

At eh end of the year MB will say, we had a  lot of injuries, we are close to playoff contenders, fans and media will go for it, Rinse / Repeat 

We should get rid of that bum goalie that plays yo-yo with our hearth strings. sell, sell, sell, dive, dive, dive : dive and sell for Laferrière :D

I sometimes wonder if its hard living in the world where everything is negative and nothing is worth trying for. 

Also not sure where 97 points comes from. 

The final playoff spot is currently projected at 94 or 95 points (Dom Luszczyszyn of the Athletic). 

That's Philly.  We are 7 points back of them right now.....

They play St. Louis and us this week  (the league's best team by points and then us)

We play Chicago and Philly

If things go well, we could be 3 points behind Philly on Thursday night. 

Lets give up though, and act like everything is awful.

open-uri20150422-20810-11ej849_779819a7.

26 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I sometimes wonder if its hard living in the world where everything is negative and nothing is worth trying for. 

Also not sure where 97 points comes from. 

The final playoff spot is currently projected at 94 or 95 points (Dom Luszczyszyn of the Athletic). 

That's Philly.  We are 7 points back of them right now.....

They play St. Louis and us this week  (the league's best team by points and then us)

We play Chicago and Philly

If things go well, we could be 3 points behind Philly on Thursday night. 

Lets give up though, and act like everything is awful.

open-uri20150422-20810-11ej849_779819a7.

It's not so negative but realistic. If we had games in hand its a different story then you can say yeah we're still in it. But we would have to put a big win streak together and still hope team's in front of us lose. Our biggest win streak has been 3 games. But it also depends on if Bergevin adds top players to this team from now and trade deadline. But if he does nothing then no playoffs.

51 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

It's not so negative but realistic. If we had games in hand its a different story then you can say yeah we're still in it. But we would have to put a big win streak together and still hope team's in front of us lose. Our biggest win streak has been 3 games. But it also depends on if Bergevin adds top players to this team from now and trade deadline. But if he does nothing then no playoffs.

Playoff

YES | NO

Does something     A   |  B  

Does nothing          C   |  D   

That is one possibility, probabilities?

A < 50%

B > 50%

C < 5%

D > 95%

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Gallagher, Drouin and this year's armia are all top 6 players. Byron is a top 9 and one of the best defensive forwards on the team. His speed is missed. The injury excuse is pretty valid if they miss by a few points. Kovalchuk and Scandella have been very good additions in the short sample size. I am doubtful that bergevin gets fired. 

All of those players should be back by the end of the month.  Win some games and go on a run.

If it works, great.

If it doesnt, you still have given much needed high pressure experience to the kids.

The team wont be top 3 range.  The players arent going to quit and weve seen them win games with a full lineup.  So even with a trade or two, you can't truly tank when players come back.

Plus tanking is no guarantee of success.

44 minutes ago, Commandant said:

All of those players should be back by the end of the month.  Win some games and go on a run.

If it works, great.

If it doesnt, you still have given much needed high pressure experience to the kids.

The team wont be top 3 range.  The players arent going to quit and weve seen them win games with a full lineup.  So even with a trade or two, you can't truly tank when players come back.

Plus tanking is no guarantee of success.

Lol same old same old same old. 

You want to know how edmonton got Mcdavid, or Pittsburgh got Crosby, or Tampa got Stamkos or Washington got Ovi?????    When these type of players are available in a draft year they try to give themselves the best odds possible to get the 1st overall pick to draft them. 

This year is said to be a good draft year when picking in the top 10 of the draft.  We should be trying to end up with the 1st pick and a chance to draft Lafreniere.  The only way we can get a elite difference maker on this team.