GAME#50 Habs vs Knights 7:00 Jan 18 2020

DON

Victory snatched from the jaws of defeat snatched from the jaws of victory!

22 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Could you imagine him with a good team in front of him, where he could just be himself, and not have to be perfect every night.

And that right there is why I think there would be significant interest in CP if he were to be on the block.  They'd go, "boy...imagine him with our strong team in front of him...#StanleyCup"

I'm often slightly fuddled by coaches' choices of guys to go on the shootout. Cousins? (I mean, I know he had two, but still). Armia? Why not Domi, who was flying and hungry in OT? This is not about attacking CJ, more about head-scratching. At least he had the sense to put our Kovy II and Tuna.

What a shame Kovalucky is probably as good as gone...

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

What a shame Kovalucky is probably as good as gone...

I think that'd be dumb.  We have plenty of draft picks and prospects...we don't need the 2nd or 3rd rounder we'd get for him...he's worth more to us in the lineup next season.  Get him to sign a 1 year deal while he's on a high, with fond memories of the fans chanting his name.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I think that'd be dumb.  We have plenty of draft picks and prospects...we don't need the 2nd or 3rd rounder we'd get for him...he's worth more to us in the lineup next season.  Get him to sign a 1 year deal while he's on a high, with fond memories of the fans chanting his name.

You don't have to sell me. But the MB era has not exactly been marked with these sorts of joyful decisions about popular and flashy players. Subban was traded, Radulov allowed to walk, Markov cut loose. We can probably expect the same fate for Kovy II, especially if management concludes that a playoff charge is unrealistic. Even if they don't, I wouldn't be surprised at all if MB decides he doesn't like Kovalchuky's contract demands and lets him walk on July 1. Joylessness, thy name is Habs.

The Habs do not have enough prospects and young talent, They are in a rebuild, It's the owners and MB directive

Also, Tatar, Petry, and Thompson should be shopped as well 

Glad they held on but team like this don't make the playoffs,