Jan. 18/19, Laval vs Manitoba

dlbalr

Laval has flown from snowy Quebec to...snowier Manitoba as they take on the Moose for a pair of games.  Matthew Peca should be in after being sent down earlier in the week.

Laval.png

(Lines based on last game and some guesses.)

Vejdemo - Evans - Hudon

Peca - Varone - Barber

Alain - Dauphin - Waked

Pezzetta - Lynch - Jevpalovs

Olofsson - Ouellet

Leskinen - McEneny

Alzner - Brook

Kinkaid

Manitoba.png

(Lines based on last game's +/- data and some guesses with some recent recalls on their back end.)

Vesalainen - L. Shaw - Griffith

Chibisov - Suess - McKenzie

Luoto - Maier - Lipon

White - Spacek - Reichel

Oligny - Kovacevic

Beaudoin - Stanley

H. Shaw - Gawanke

Comrie

Puck drop is at 3:00 PM EST for both games.  91.9 Sports has the coverage in French.

Laval goes with 11/7 today which is a bit of a surprise:

EOlnwFmWAAIF2iG?format=jpg&name=small

Apparently Alzner and Folin aren't 100% healthy so they went with 7 D just in case.  Brook was scheduled to sit with William Pelletier playing but Brook is taking some shifts as a forward as well.  Yannick Veilleux has to sit due to the veteran rule.

1-0 Laval in the 2nd, Hudon has the goal.

41 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

1-0 Laval in the 2nd, Hudon has the goal.

I am happy for Hudon, he is an UFA this summer and is playing for a contract. I hope they can keep him as a depth guy in Laval.

54 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am happy for Hudon, he is an UFA this summer and is playing for a contract. I hope they can keep him as a depth guy in Laval.

He's actually still an RFA and he has enough NHL experience that he doesn't qualify for Group VI status.  Now having said that, if he has no future with the Habs, they'll probably non-tender him to let him get a shot somewhere else.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

He's actually still an RFA and he has enough NHL experience that he doesn't qualify for Group VI status.  Now having said that, if he has no future with the Habs, they'll probably non-tender him to let him get a shot somewhere else.

Thanks, I hope they keep him. I still have hopes he can take Weal's spot on the 4th line if he improves his defensive game

Kinkaid for Primeau is the only change for this one which means that Josh Brook will play on the right wing for the second straight game while serving as a hedge against one of Alzner/Folin getting hurt.  Wouldn't it have made more sense to call one of those two up to sit over the bye week and allow Brook to actually play defence?