Jan. 22, Crunch vs Rocket, 7 PM

dlbalr

After splitting a pair in Manitoba, Laval is back home for a key divisional game against Syracuse.

Syracuse.png

(Lines based on last game's +/- data and some guesses with some recent recalls on their back end.)

Lines TBD

Laval.png

Dauphin – Evans – Hudon
Peca – Varone – Barber
Alain – Vejdemo – Jevpalovs
Pezzetta – Lynch

Olofsson – Ouellet

Alzner - Brook
Leskinen – Folin
McEneny

Primeau

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM EST.  91.9 Sports has the coverage in French while RDS is also showing the game.

Imagine how much better the Canadiens would be right now if Bergevin had canned Slyvain Lefebre two or three years earlier like he should have 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Yea, like playing there their D prospect at forward, 

pure genius 

If gonna be a troll, at least be a smrt one and spell correctly

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Yea, like playing there D prospect at forward, 

pure genius 

“I enjoyed it,” said an upbeat Brook. “Not thinking, just playing. That’s what the coaches wanted me to do. I think it was a good thing for me, I really enjoyed it. They just wanted me to relax and have fun.”

As for the concerns about his development, Brook was quick to dispel any criticism, crediting Bouchard’s actions with the change in his attitude, much like Jake Evans did earlier in the season.

“I think it helped me. Sitting out a couple of games, then coming in, skating and having fun, enjoying the game, that was the goal. I don’t think it hurt. I think it helped my development if anything.”

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

“I enjoyed it,” said an upbeat Brook. “Not thinking, just playing. That’s what the coaches wanted me to do. I think it was a good thing for me, I really enjoyed it. They just wanted me to relax and have fun.”

As for the concerns about his development, Brook was quick to dispel any criticism, crediting Bouchard’s actions with the change in his attitude, much like Jake Evans did earlier in the season.

“I think it helped me. Sitting out a couple of games, then coming in, skating and having fun, enjoying the game, that was the goal. I don’t think it hurt. I think it helped my development if anything.”

Imagine that, professional coach with a long record of developping kids in the AHL, knows a thing or two about player development.  Hard to believe really. 

This also isn't the first time Brook has played some forward.  Moose Jaw would often move him to wing in the third period when they were trailing. 

We've also seen Mark Streit move between forward and defence during his career.  Never hurt his development. 

Brent Burns, a Norris winner and three time finalist, spent entire seasons in San Jose playing RW. 

So yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would think that 2 games was going to ruin the kid.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

So yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would think that 2 games was going to ruin the kid.

The key to that is to instinctually hate everything about the Habs. Just wake up and decide, "Everyone sucks" and you too can find the motivation to be negative in every single thing you post here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

The key to that is to instinctually hate everything about the Habs. Just wake up and decide, "Everyone sucks" and you too can find the motivation to be negative in every single thing you post here.

Seems like that would be exhausting.

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I’ve learned to read Trizzaks post with the appropriate tone to make me chuckle.

i believe that was the goal, well played.

• Upvote 1