Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

Jan. 22, Crunch vs Rocket, 7 PM

Recommended Posts

After splitting a pair in Manitoba, Laval is back home for a key divisional game against Syracuse.

 

Syracuse.png

 

(Lines based on last game's +/- data and some guesses with some recent recalls on their back end.)

 

Lines TBD

 

Laval.png

 

Dauphin – Evans – Hudon
Peca – Varone – Barber
Alain – Vejdemo – Jevpalovs
Pezzetta – Lynch

 

Olofsson – Ouellet

Alzner - Brook
Leskinen – Folin
McEneny

 

Primeau

 

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM EST.  91.9 Sports has the coverage in French while RDS is also showing the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2-2 4minutes left 2nd.

Vejdemo 1g

Leskinen 1a

Primeau 10shots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3-2 win  OT

 

Evans assisted by Hudon, 7 seconds into OT

 

Primeau 21 saves on 23 shots

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rocket continues to hang onto a playoff spot in spite of the revolving door for the lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine how much better the Canadiens would be right now if Bergevin had canned Slyvain Lefebre two or three years earlier like he should have 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, like playing there D prospect at forward, 

 

pure genius 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:scared:#TROLL ALERT# :scared:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris said:

Yea, like playing there their D prospect at forward, 

 

pure genius 

If gonna be a troll, at least be a smrt one and spell correctly

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris said:

Yea, like playing there D prospect at forward, 

 

pure genius 

 

“I enjoyed it,” said an upbeat Brook. “Not thinking, just playing. That’s what the coaches wanted me to do. I think it was a good thing for me, I really enjoyed it. They just wanted me to relax and have fun.”

 

As for the concerns about his development, Brook was quick to dispel any criticism, crediting Bouchard’s actions with the change in his attitude, much like Jake Evans did earlier in the season.

 

“I think it helped me. Sitting out a couple of games, then coming in, skating and having fun, enjoying the game, that was the goal. I don’t think it hurt. I think it helped my development if anything.”

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

 

“I enjoyed it,” said an upbeat Brook. “Not thinking, just playing. That’s what the coaches wanted me to do. I think it was a good thing for me, I really enjoyed it. They just wanted me to relax and have fun.”

 

As for the concerns about his development, Brook was quick to dispel any criticism, crediting Bouchard’s actions with the change in his attitude, much like Jake Evans did earlier in the season.

 

“I think it helped me. Sitting out a couple of games, then coming in, skating and having fun, enjoying the game, that was the goal. I don’t think it hurt. I think it helped my development if anything.”

 

 

Imagine that, professional coach with a long record of developping kids in the AHL, knows a thing or two about player development.  Hard to believe really. 

 

This also isn't the first time Brook has played some forward.  Moose Jaw would often move him to wing in the third period when they were trailing. 

 

We've also seen Mark Streit move between forward and defence during his career.  Never hurt his development. 

 

Brent Burns, a Norris winner and three time finalist, spent entire seasons in San Jose playing RW. 

 

So yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would think that 2 games was going to ruin the kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

So yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would think that 2 games was going to ruin the kid.

The key to that is to instinctually hate everything about the Habs. Just wake up and decide, "Everyone sucks" and you too can find the motivation to be negative in every single thing you post here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Markov and Romanov both played forward then converted to play d.

Didnt hurt Markov's career and Romanov looks pretty good so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

The key to that is to instinctually hate everything about the Habs. Just wake up and decide, "Everyone sucks" and you too can find the motivation to be negative in every single thing you post here.

 

Seems like that would be exhausting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

The key to that is to instinctually hate everything about the Habs. Just wake up and decide, "Everyone sucks" and you too can find the motivation to be negative in every single thing you post here.

 I’ve learned to read Trizzaks post with the appropriate tone to make me chuckle.

i believe that was the goal, well played.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...