How old is everyone?

jetsniper

As corny as it may sound... yes, I'm 55 but I'm also incredibly immature. Heck, who wants to grow up?

One female student told my school custodian and me, as we were 'bouncing off the walls' during recess at school a couple of years ago: "I see that it's true that men mature at 60 and women mature at 16." We looked at her... and continued 'bouncing off the walls'.

The neat thing about that is that, at about 60 years old (give or take a day or two), we (men, that is) kick into second childhood.

If what she says is true, women lose out on the deal BIG TIME. They hit 16, mature and then get to grow old... guys don't. yessssssssssssssss.... :king: :lol::) :/) :lol: :/) :):lol: :king:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL shortcat.

If being "mature" means acting like a 16 yrs old chick, count me out of adulthood for the rest of my life!

But to be serious, I think girls maturing at 16 and men at 60 only means females have a lower peak ceiling than us dudes! :P

[Edited on 20-8-2005 by ap79]

I'm 18. Born June 22, 1987.

Chances are that someone in here, or someone you kno happens to have my birthday. I already know 8 people born on the same day as me.

I'm from Montreal, Quebec. The best place to live, no doubt. (Btw, if anyone knows the area well, I'm from Lasalle, and go to Vanier College, entering my 2nd year in Commerce.)

One of the youngest GM's in here :D.

Originally posted by Macaskill

Chances are that someone in here, or someone you kno happens to have my birthday. I already know 8 people born on the same day as me.

I'm from Montreal, Quebec. The best place to live, no doubt. (Btw, if anyone knows the area well, I'm from Lasalle, and go to Vanier College, entering my 2nd year in Commerce.)

Vancouver is the best place to live..........hey it's true:)

Originally posted by Minnesota GM

Vancouver is the best place to live..........hey it's true:)

Yup nothing like drug dealers and prostitutes on the street corners.

Originally posted by Macaskill

Ok so thats two I'm older then. Beat you out 3 months and 4 days, Mac. :P

14. Turning 15 on May 21.

And to the guy born on June 22, I do know someone with that birthday.

So, it looks like I'm the youngest on this site. Woah! 41 years between shortcat and me.

[Edited on 2005/8/21 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

[Edited on 2005/8/22 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

36 - 1 great wife, 3 great kids

by the way, alex, i grew up in Brossard - if i wasn't so old, i may know you!

also, i can't believe how great this site it - you guys who run this thing do an ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE job - i wish i'd discovered this sooner!

well it's quite the opposite for us, we're surprised that YOU know how to use a computer :P

Originally posted by Peter Puck

I'm 44 years old (as you can tell from my bio) for a few more days.

I'm surprised there aren't more 40 and 50 year olds.  You youngsters missed out on some great teams and some great cups.

Originally posted by alexstream

well it's quite the opposite for us, we're surprised that YOU know how to use a computer :P

Originally posted by Peter Puck

I'm 44 years old (as you can tell from my bio) for a few more days.

I'm surprised there aren't more 40 and 50 year olds.  You youngsters missed out on some great teams and some great cups.

Well I may not be as proficient as most of you but I have been using computers for 34 years. It is a bit easier now that I don't need punch cards though. :)

By the way alexstream, I will take this opportunity to say that I have been lurking around HW since a couple of months after it started and I have always been impressed by the quality of your posts (especially for someone of your tender years). :bow:

Peter Puck - i just read that heartwarming story :( of a 6 year old who could see beyond the fleeting fancy of a Maples Stanley Cup win :puke:

- but just think my friend - May 2, 1967 was the last day you were ever a loser, YOU'VE BEEN A WINNER EVER SINCE! So, congrats, and thanks for jumping on board and never jumping off! :clap: YOU, my friend, :/) are one of the reasons HABS RULE!!!! :ghg:

Originally posted by LifeLongHabsFan

Peter Puck - i just read that heartwarming story :( of a 6 year old who could see beyond the fleeting fancy of a Maples Stanley Cup win :puke:  

- but just think my friend - May 2, 1967 was the last day you were ever a loser, YOU'VE BEEN A WINNER EVER SINCE!  So, congrats, and thanks for jumping on board and never jumping off! :clap: YOU, my friend, :/) are one of the reasons HABS RULE!!!!  :ghg:

Thanks LifeLongHabsFan. My wife and parents-in-law are big Leafs fans so I have put up with some grief the last few years but I am really looking forward to this year and the next few years.:ghg:

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

So, it looks like I'm the youngest on this site. Woah! 41 years between shortcat and me.

Wow, youre only 14,... damn and I got talked down to by you a couple of days ago.... :nono:

btw ill be 19 next may 29.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by The-Habby2919

Wow, youre only 14,... damn and I got talked down to by you a couple of days ago.... :nono:

btw ill be 19 next may 29.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Yeah, I know. Once on a site there was this member who everyone like worshipped and shot down every theory and idea you have and then I found out he was 11 so I never listened to him again. But he supposedly had like a 172 IQ or something. Like it matters.

Haha.... that would be one smart kid.... shouldnt he be off becoming a piano prodegy or teaching in college than making up hockey rumours??

43 years old and I can still recall all those beautiful Montreal Canadien Stanley Cup victories like they were yesterday. Man I can remember the big bird rushing the puck down the ice and scoring in the playoffs. I can also remember when the Leafs brought Carl Brewer out of Retirement in 1979-80 season, man they started that retirement home stuff early there, he was what 50 years old? Wow, Bobby Orr and the Don Cherry ugly suits were hockey back then. There was a season I didnt think the Habs were going to lose a game they were so good. Now I'm starting to feel old! :ghg:

...Probably...

So is shortcat1 the oldest around here?

well, shortcat beats me by a decade, looks like I am running close to second though.

sigh...