GAME #51, Caps @ Habs 7:00-Jan 27 2020

DON

See the source image

(NHL.com lineup)

22-28 Habs take on the mighty 33-16 Caps

BROSSARD - Here's a look at the forward lines and defense pairings featured at Monday's morning skate at the Bell Sports Complex.

Tatar - Danault - Kovalchuk
Domi - Suzuki - Armia
Poehling - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Cousins - Thompson - Weise
Drouin - Weal - Gallagher

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Mete - Fleury

Price
Lindgren

If they win this one, against the juggernauts known as the Caps, i'm predicting a St.Louis style turn around the rest of the way.

And don't even think about judging me if my prediciton is wrong, predictions are wrong all the time, you judging little judgers...of judging..

• Upvote 1

Tough matchup tonight but it’s time to go on a run...

a winning run.

It would be interesting to see this team for the first time with 3 good scoring lines once everyone comes back healthy.

Tatar  / Danault  / Kovalchuck

Drouin  / Domi  / Gallagher 

Lehkonen  / Kotkaniemi  / Armia 

Also a 4th line of

Cousins /  Suzuki  / Weal or Thompson

Could be effective also 

I would look at trading Byron, and Thompson at the deadline, get draft picks for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Link67 said:

If they win this one, against the juggernauts known as the Caps, i'm predicting a St.Louis style turn around the rest of the way.

And don't even think about judging me if my prediciton is wrong, predictions are wrong all the time, you judging little judgers...of judging..

so what’s the over/under on how long we actually last in this playoff race? 😎

1 hour ago, Link67 said:

Don't see many rich gypsies do you!

But, like your positive outlook for 3rd straight win and I think they may pull this one out, with #8 sitting.

Who will have a better performance today, Kovalchuk or Kuznetsov?

57 minutes ago, Chris said:

Ovechkin is suspended for not going to the all star game, 

That guy owns Price

Seems to have same claim on many of the leagues current and past tendies.  The great 8 indeed.

Habs benefit from his “load management”.

Not surprisingly, this hasn't been the most thrilling of games with both teams coming off the bye.  Scandella's in despite being listed as doubtful at one point.  Tatar and Petry hook up on the Montreal goal - building their trade value, perhaps?

• Upvote 1

How many odd man rushes can this team give up nightly? 508? 

The habs most talented center, 70 points last year, moved to the wing, pure genius 

Im sure it's just bad luck and advances stats where it counts have the habs ahead 

That third goal really took the wind out of their sails.  I'm also not sure that running the fourth line for an extra shift late in the period (after they coughed up a Grade A chance on their previous one) was the way to go there.

Same old story.  Crap play in their own end costs them two bad goals, and then their lack of finish doesn't allow them to erase the mistakes.  How many games now would they have collected at least one point if they could have score that crucial 3rd goal?