Panthers vs Canadiens 11:00am(PT) Feb 1 2020

Trizzak

Probably the same lines as last game because the team won and Julien wouldn't change lines after a win even at gunpoint.

"Just switch Poehling and Cousins, Claude! I'm begging you. Do it or I'll shoot."

*Julien steps forward so the gun barrel presses into his forehead*

"Then shoot true. This lineup will stand forever. Vive la formation!"

• Like 2

I was hoping Montembeault would get the start so I'd have a reason to post a certain something.  He's not (Bobrovsky starts), but I'm posting it anyway.  In the AHL, Florida's farm team is rebranding to the Ice-O-Topes for today's game and this was Montembault's hockey card:

EPslSZGWsAIZM-L?format=jpg&name=360x360

For any Simpsons fan that wants to know more details, click here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Probably the same lines as last game because the team won and Julien wouldn't change lines after a win even at gunpoint.

"Just switch Poehling and Cousins, Claude! I'm begging you. Do it or I'll shoot."

2 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Poehling is next to go down to Laval....

That's what it's looking like. And, like Kotkaniemi, I think this is the right decision. Both of them can benefit from time in Laval -- and hopefully from a Rocket run to the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Solid period from the Habs.  Florida looked sluggish as expected considering it's their first game after the break.  (Considering there are other teams playing their first post-ASG game today, why not schedule them against each other?)

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Solid period from the Habs.  Florida looked sluggish as expected considering it's their first game after the break.  (Considering there are other teams playing their first post-ASG game today, why not schedule them against each other?)

I can see them adopting that policy when Seattle joins the league and the teams even out, but it might also be a scheduling nightmare.

10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

With Florida not generating much, I'd say the odds are looking better and better that Price starts tomorrow as well.

Me with my huge wrinkly brain: Start Lindgren for the 3rd period.