Which players most likely to surprise us all.

PB

1. Ribero - I think Ribero will blossom without the red line and with less obstruction.

2. Dagenais - I think Dags may surprise us. This is probaby a make or break year for him and I think he knows it and is motivated. Of course Dagenais won't have a good year unless Ribero does.

3. Streit - We're not expecting much but I think he will be a solid 6th defenceman.

4. Koivu - He has incredible heart and I think as captain of a much better team he will really improve his stats.

I dont think hossa will make it into the NHL.

He did only get 24 pts in 48 games in sweden last year although 18 of them was goals I cant see how he will make it. I think Perezhogin is VERY interesting.

Biggest suprise? Im so hyped about this team before every season and mostly they have failed to meet my expectations so I hope the suprise is that we become a top3 team in the league. :)

Player suprises

1. Francis Bouillon I think this guy will get 30+ points this season and be one of our new PP-quarterbacks.

His play in Sweden has made me love this guy. He almost scored a sologoal from his own end of the rink except that the goalie made a great save on his shot.

Watch out with the new rules Bouillon haters.

2. Perezhogin As someone said he has played as good as Ovechkin last season.

3 Yan Danis This guy may make us hate the draftpick Carey Price even more.

finally a longshot

Christoffer Heino-Lindberg who will play in the topleague and in one of the topteams of the swedish elite league this year (Färjestad). Could he be the future of swedish goaltending?

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I don't understand you people!

If he's "most likely" going to surprise us than it's not much of a surprise is it?

That reminded me of a George Carlin bit on Self Help books.

"If you're looking for help, why would you read a book written by someone else? That's not self help, that's help. There is no such thing as self help. If you did it yourself, you didn't need help. You did it yourself! Try to pay attention to the language we've all agreed on!"

Originally posted by Trizzak
Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I don't understand you people!

If he's "most likely" going to surprise us than it's not much of a surprise is it?

That reminded me of a George Carlin bit on Self Help books.

"If you're looking for help, why would you read a book written by someone else? That's not self help, that's help. There is no such thing as self help. If you did it yourself, you didn't need help. You did it yourself! Try to pay attention to the language we've all agreed on!"

Haha...so true...*sigh*

Higgins - Will be the best rounded rookie on the team this season. He could find himself playing the wing with Bonk, which could be a genuine boost to his game.

Perezoghan - Should be the top point producing rookie on the team if he lands a job as a top six forward.

Markov - I am expecting a breakthrough year for this guy. My expectations are that with a full season with Alexi Kovalev on this team, it will bring out the very best in Andrei, especially on the PP.

Bonus - Dandenault - His skating ability will provide another dimension we have been lacking in jumping into the play from the point. & with his experience from playing so many years with the Wings, he will likely not get caught out of position nearly as often as what Brisebois did.

[Edited on 2005/9/1 by Uwey]

Perezhogin is under the hockey radar. Most have forgotten about him since he was hiding away in Russia for the last year. Lets not forget he had a very solid rookie year in Hamilton two years ago. He's a year older and his game sounds like it's that much better. I seriously see him getting top 6 forward minutes this year.

Higgins is the other guy. He is ready IMO. Two excellent seasons for the Dogs.

If those two guys step in and play as well as I think they can, the Habs have an outstanding group of 9 forwards. Koivu, Ribiero, Kovalev, Ryder, Bonk, Zednik, Perezhogin, Higgins, Bulis.

4 surprises...

4) Mark Streit brings his leadership and poise at the blue line and becomes a regular.

3) The addition of bonk transforms the 3rd line from defensive tofu (Dackel-Juneau-Sundstrom anyone?) to an actual two-way line (Bulis-Bonk-perezhogin/dandeneault/ward... anybody but Sundstrom... :wall: )

2) Hainsey succeeds in surviving the "positional - defensive - makenomistakeoryourasswillbeinhamiltonfasterthanyoucansayDAMN!" rookie phase, gets some offensive leeway, and becomes a strong blueliner pivot.

The biggest suprise....

And the longest shot ( :o )

1) Guillaume Latendresse learns to skate better, pulls a "Ryder", impress the hell out of everyone and becomes a right wing power forward!

:-^

Oh yeah!