Blue Jackets vs Canadiens 11:00am(PT) Feb 2 2020

Trizzak

When i say the team is soft, 

Ill go with exhibit A, 

blaming Price on goal #3,

both Tatar and Gallagher i believe had the puck by the blue line with a chance to clear the zone on that shift, they were soft on the puck and didn't get it out, then the goal was scored 

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

Ill go with exhibit A, 

both Tatar and Gallagher i believe had the puck by the blue line with a chance to clear the zone on that shift, they were soft on the puck and didn't get it out, then the goal was scored 

Yeah but people don't look on what caused the goal. People just like to blame Price for not stopping it.

6 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Yeah but people don't look on what caused the goal. People just like to blame Price for not stopping it.

How it got to the side of the net does not excuse him for not playing it properly.  When you demand and then get 'best goaltender in the world' money, you are expected to make the routine plays/saves.  Plenty of blame for Tatar and Gallagher too, but Price needs to erase that mistake given the nature of the chance against.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chris said:

Ill go with exhibit A, 

You are totally tight. Gallagher is way too soft a player. We should get rid of Gallagher and find players with more grit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

he gave up just as many goals as the other guy

The other guy is on an entry level contract...Price should be expected to outplay that other guy, don't you think?

13 minutes ago, Chris said:

So when i say gallagher made a soft play, 

when did i say he was a soft player? 

Every player in the league is soft at times. Using Gallagher to make your point about the Habs being a soft team is a bad example. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chris said:

still didnt clear the puck which resulted in the goal, tatar made the same mistake 

And Poehling.

I would have expected (the classic) Price to save at least two of those three.

28 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Every player in the league is soft at times. Using Gallagher to make your point about the Habs being a soft team is a bad example. 

A soft team doesnt try their asses off to get back into the game and get within one on two seperate occassions.  Its not about lack of desire.  This team has balls and will fight all day.  They dont have enough talent 

Calling gallagher soft is stupid.  No one in the league has more grit and foght than he does.  It says more about the person saying it than it does about a heart and soul player like gallagher

A player making a mistake is just that, a mistake.  Its not being soft which is an indictment of effort level and character.

Losing a battle isnt being soft.  Being soft is refusing to battle.

7 hours ago, Chris said:

Ill go with exhibit A, 

Chris you claim you didn't say Gallagher is soft.  But you said "When i say the team is soft" and then used Brendan Gallagher's play  as an example in exhibit A. You kind of implied it or maybe you think the team is soft but no players are soft. Anyway, not worth haggling over. That was a game they really needed to win as Columbus is one of the teams they could possibly catch. 

One thing this team is not, is soft. They play with jam and heart. The problem is that they're not good enough, or at least, haven't been with all the injuries and defensive lapses. Plus Price has been meh. 

It's almost instinctive for some North American fans to immediately blame lack of 'heart' and 'toughness' for losing. Usually it's talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

One thing this team is not, is soft. They play with jam and heart. The problem is that they're not good enough, or at least, haven't been with all the injuries and defensive lapses. Plus Price has been meh. 

It's almost instinctive for some North American fans to immediately blame lack of 'heart' and 'toughness' for losing. Usually it's talent.

Agree

We arent soft and we have alot of heart! The case can be made that we are small upfront and justified with Tatar, Gallagher, Domi, Drouin , Lehkonan, weal, cousins and Byron

How ever all of them play with a chip and dont play "small" or "soft" except for Drouin and maybe Weal.

The defense on the other hand is no longer small or soft except for our most agile Dman in Mete.

I believe the 3 reasons that played the biggest role in put inability to keep pace has been

1) an atrocious PK

2) inexperience coupled with key injuries

3) Carey not being Carey for long stretches

Call then excuses, call them whatever you want. But, to me it is clearly evident in us leading the league in 1 goal games as well as 1 goal losses!

(Some people  will post on  this site only when the chips are down example:

we win 4-0 crickets...

We lose yesterday  and it's a free fall)

5 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Agree

We arent soft and we have hear! The case can be made that we are small upfront and justified with Tatar, Gallagher, Domi, Drouin , Lehkonan, weal, cousins and Byron

How ever all of them play with a chip and dont play "small" or "soft" except for Drouin and maybe Weal.

The defense on the other hand is no longer small or soft except for our most agile Dman in Mete.

Clearly some people  will post on  this site only when the chips are down example:

we win 4-0 crickets...

We lose yesterday  and it's a free fall...

Drouin has always been soft; the reason he looked so good before getting hurt is that he finally started playing with second effort. At 6’ 200 lbs he’s not really small either. We’ll see whether he can truly change his spots. I doubt it, but if he does he could become a difference-maker.

Anyhow, I’m with you re: team character.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Agree 100%, I haven't been disappointed at all this year or last year with the work effort or grit.  Lack of finish, defensive lapses and Price has been inconsistent. 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Same old excuses with this team the last 4 years.

We just played and lost to a team that has had just about the same if not more injuries this year. Plus lost their top offensive player and goaltender to Free Agency and they're still in a playoff spot. 

12 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Same old excuses with this team the last 4 years.

We just played and lost to a team that has had just about the same if not more injuries this year. Plus lost their top offensive player and goaltender to Free Agency and they're still in a playoff spot. 

Hey, I'm not saying they're great; just that they play with intensity.