Feb. 4, Habs vs Devils, 7 PM

dlbalr

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Kovalchuk wins it and then salutes the booing crowd in Jersey. 

Hope we bring him back next year if plan is to make the playoffs.

Would give him a 1 year 4mil deal with 2mil in bonus's in the deal that could make it 6mil If he gets all of them.  I think that would be a fare contract for him.

I put on my headphones at 0-3 to drown out the pain and listened to the same song on repeat for the rest of the game when pucks started going in. That worked out well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Kovalchuk wins it and then salutes the booing crowd in Jersey. 

I like his skill, and I like his energy/attitude.  Sign this man for next season already MB!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Is it a full moon tonight, Thompson, Folin.  Maybe Lindgren will get an empty netter. 

You dint need a full moon to come back against jersey.

I really like Kovalchuk and hope he comes back next year.

Charlie Lindgren is not an NHL goalie and that sucks cause I like him.

I know Thompson is likely to get traded and won't be here next year but i love his heart and determination, how can you not like him?

The wins are bitter sweet because it gives me hope that we can make the playoffs even though the chances are very slim.

I want the Habs to absolutely destroy the leafs on Saturday and I am hoping for at least 8 goals from us

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

You dint need a full moon to come back against jersey.

Considering their record against teams like New Jersey and Detroit, I am not so sure.  I am willing to bet that Thompson and Folin don't score in the same game again this year, willing to give good odds, any takers?

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I know Thompson is likely to get traded and won't be here next year but i love his heart and determination, how can you not like him?

The wins are bitter sweet because it gives me hope that we can make the playoffs even though the chances are very slim.

I want the Habs to absolutely destroy the leafs on Saturday and I am hoping for at least 8 goals from us

That pretty much sums up how I feel.  Few things in life give me more joy than destroying the Leafs!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I’d live to have the habs destroy the leafs this year, but would be more than okay losing every other game except the last game of the year against the leafs in order to boost our odds of getting a higher draft position.  The cherry on the sundae would be the leafs also missing the playoffs.

9 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’d live to have the habs destroy the leafs this year, but would be more than okay losing every other game except the last game of the year against the leafs in order to boost our odds of getting a higher draft position.  The cherry on the sundae would be the leafs also missing the playoffs.

Ditto. Except we should win both games against the Laffs. They are hurting without Freddy.  

42 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Lets cheer for losses, so our odds of that pick become 3.5% instead of 2.5%

It's not just about the lottery odds, it's about finishing lower to have a better chance at better players in each round.

And no one is cheering for losses. We're not Buffalo. We're just not upset when they happen. It's for the greater good.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Then it's a good thing the Habs have a solid shot at a top 10 pick instead of 11 through 15. 

Looking at the graphs in the article... once you hit pick number 4... the drop off to the next pick is statistically insignificant