2. The players

3. Winning is "tough"

4. The media

5. Fans who think this is easy, like NHL 2020

6. The Zamboni driver

7. The guy selling hot dogs in the concourse

8. The 579 million inhabitants of North America

...#567685947. Marc Bergevin

You forgot the it's in between their ears excuse he used.

• Upvote 1

Best excuse is pathetic drafting, leadership and an actual plan

I added a link to the drafting black hole in another post, I couldn't believe how bad it was until i read it 

2008 through at least 2017 was a train wreck and the guy in charge of that drafting department got promoted, that is insane 

16 minutes ago, Chris said:

I added a link to the drafting black hole in another post, I couldn't believe how bad it was until i read it 

2008 through at least 2017 was a train wreck and the guy in charge of that drafting department got promoted, that is insane 

It was bad because he still believed that the old school way of hockey still worked. So he told Tim's to look for big gritty guys and that's who they were drafting. Not one of them panned out. When he started the reset he change and started drafting skill and speed based on today's NHL. Which is why our prospect pool has turned around.

Plus a large part of that was also player development, which was very bad under Bergevin until he made changes to it last 2 years ago.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chris said:

Give me a break , the Habs didn’t 2nd round picks for many of those years and had only one pick on the top 50 most years !

look elsewhere buddy 

9 minutes ago, Chris said:

For 10 years? Give me a break, they have exactly 2 players on the roster the black hole years

and if MB threw away picks, thats on him, they have been inept 

Picking from 20-32 we have had 0 players make any impact in the NHL.

Picking from 10-20 we have had MCdonagh, Pacioretty,  make impacts in the NHL with Poehling still a question mark.

So the years we were a playoff team we Were picking from 22-32.  We missed on all of them  which we're feeling the affect of it now.

• Upvote 1

right, poor drafting causes problems for the organization

which is exactly what i said, 

they only have themselves to blame, 

A monkey can flip a quarter and be right half the time

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

right, poor drafting causes problems for the organization

which is exactly what i said, 

they only have themselves to blame, 

A monkey can flip a quarter and be right half the time

The monkey may try flipping two quarters at a time thinking he will get it right more often.

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

That monkey would still have drafted better then 2008 through 2017

18 19 may be better but who knows 

Remember it's not just about drafting, player development and drafting go hand n hand. Like I had said player development under Bergevin before the reset was garbage and we're feeling the effects of it now with no NHL ready players coming up from our farm system.

• Like 2

Prior to 2017 they were in win now mode.  They traded away a lot of picks to add petry, vanek, and others.  The prospect cupboard was bare 

Since 2018 the philosophy changed and they have gone into a retool.  This has meant acquiring prospects and picks and the team is now universally seen as having a top 5 prospect group.

Changing the development team (lefebvre canned, bouchard in) has also been part of that plan.

There was a different plan after 2018 and so his record should be judged based on the fact there was a 1.0 regime and 2.0 regime here 

It is true of all teams... if you have less high picks you do worse in the draft. If you have more, you do better in the draft.

I think we should save this post cause for some reason i keep having to type it out every 2 or 3 days cause some people forget that this is the case.  Bad memory apparently.  They seem to forget weve already been over these issues  

Every time a player gets hurt (ie. Weber)  it just provides another opportunity for posters here to bash MB again.  "Oh he's gonna blame injuries again"   It's so predictable. 

I am sad because it hurts my plan to destroy the Leafs on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Every time a player gets hurt (ie. Weber)  it just provides another opportunity for posters here to bash MB again.  "Oh he's gonna blame injuries again"   It's so predictable. 

I am sad because it hurts my plan to destroy the Leafs on Saturday. 

You also get the... hes in year 8 of the 5 year plan line repeated ad nauseum.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Give me a break , the Habs didn’t 2nd round picks for many of those years and had only one pick on the top 50 most years !

look elsewhere buddy 

It is a Weber injury thread, so why not go down same shitty rat hole on every thread, with posts that are either out to lunch Hab bashing, or fail to be humorous or witty in any way...Trizzak where are you! :popcorn:

I want in on this repetition party, so I will post the catch-all Bill Parcells quote for the 3rd (or is it 4th?) time:

"You are what your record says you are"

It cuts through all of the excuses and what-ifs quite nicely.

It's a shame Weber is out when we had a nice chance to upset the Leafs and make their fans miserable, as realistically we are nothing but a potential spoiler team now and spoiling the Leafs chances would be the sweetest spoil of all.