Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Commandant

Shea Weber placed on IR

Recommended Posts

Oh and then there is the sarcasm.

 

Anything to avoid the actual point that there are two clearly seperate plans.  One that involves a rebuild starting after the 2018 season.

 

No one is saying hes perfect.

 

But we are saying to judge him based on the actual plan...  he failed in plan 1 to build a consistent contender. 

 

In 2018 he went into rebuild mode and so the results have to be taken into account with that in mind. 

 

There are plenty of areas for criticism. 

 

Arguing in circles over the same areas that have already been addressed as a bit of an unfair critique... doesnt exactly get us anywhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I want in on this repetition party, so I will post the catch-all Bill Parcells quote for the 3rd (or is it 4th?) time:

 

"You are what your record says you are"

 

It cuts through all of the excuses and what-ifs quite nicely.

 

It's a shame Weber is out when we had a nice chance to upset the Leafs and make their fans miserable, as realistically we are nothing but a potential spoiler team now and spoiling the Leafs chances would be the sweetest spoil of all.

 

Agree with the record. This year the Habs are an average team (.500, 172 goals for, 170 against) not awful, not horrible, just average, mediocre. Last year they were an above average team (14 games above .500) that just wasn't quite good enough to make the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Oh and then there is the sarcasm.

 

Anything to avoid the actual point that there are two clearly seperate plans.  One that involves a rebuild starting after the 2018 season.

 

No one is saying hes perfect.

 

But we are saying to judge him based on the actual plan...  he failed in plan 1 to build a consistent contender. 

 

In 2018 he went into rebuild mode and so the results have to be taken into account with that in mind. 

 

There are plenty of areas for criticism. 

 

Arguing in circles over the same areas that have already been addressed as a bit of an unfair critique... doesnt exactly get us anywhere 

 

Maybe someone should start a "What do you think of Marc Bergevin" thread and then we could really go at and it would be contained on 1 thread? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

 

would be contained on 1 thread? 

 

 

LOL at that part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

I want in on this repetition party, so I will post the catch-all Bill Parcells quote for the 3rd (or is it 4th?) time:

 

"You are what your record says you are"

 

Sure

 

What was our record in 2017-18 when the change was made?

 

What is the record in the two years since then?

 

No one is saying the team is perfect, its not... but I am saying that the rebuild/re-tool is well under way and the club has already improved.   Probably overachieved a bit last year, underachieving a bit this year... but overall there is little doubt that the team has already started improving from hitting rock bottom in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Oh and then there is the sarcasm.

 

Anything to avoid the actual point that there are two clearly seperate plans.  One that involves a rebuild starting after the 2018 season.

 

No one is saying hes perfect.

 

But we are saying to judge him based on the actual plan...  he failed in plan 1 to build a consistent contender. 

 

In 2018 he went into rebuild mode and so the results have to be taken into account with that in mind. 

 

There are plenty of areas for criticism. 

 

Arguing in circles over the same areas that have already been addressed as a bit of an unfair critique... doesnt exactly get us anywhere 

When I judge Bergevin its based on the on ice product. The first 3 years I give him leeway on because that's still part of the old GM. But after 8 years I don't give him leeway on the NHL team, this is his team his plan, and what ever happens with this team is on him. As long as he continues to miss the playoffs he should be held accountable.

 

I don't want to hear it's a reset because its been 3 years now and a reset should be over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its the second season of the reset.... not third

 

And knowing that the main point of the reset was acquiring KK (19), the draft pick that became Romanov (19), Suzuki (20), extra picks that lead to drafting Fleury, Norlinder, Struble, Brook, Primeau, etc...   then no.. expecting him to snap his fingers and make the reset work in year 2 is not exactly realistic.  We have to have a bit more patience here. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

You forgot the it's in between their ears excuse he used.

 

That's #47 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Its the second season of the reset.... not third

 

And knowing that the main point of the reset was acquiring KK (19), the draft pick that became Romanov (19), Suzuki (20), extra picks that lead to drafting Fleury, Norlinder, Struble, Brook, Primeau, etc...   then no.. expecting him to snap his fingers and make the reset work in year 2 is not exactly realistic.  We have to have a bit more patience here. 

 

 

Hey, there is a Marc Bergevin thread for this now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian can move the posts, if he chooses to. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Commandant said:

that became Romanov (19), Suzuki (20), extra picks that lead to drafting Fleury, Norlinder, Struble, Brook, Primeau, etc...   then no.. expecting him to snap his fingers and make the reset work

 

59 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Its the second season of the reset.... not third

 

And knowing that the main point of the reset was acquiring KK (19), the draft pick that became Romanov (19), Suzuki (20), extra picks that lead to drafting Fleury, Norlinder, Struble, Brook, Primeau, etc...   then no.. expecting him to snap his fingers and make the reset work in year 2 is not exactly realistic.  We have to have a bit more patience here. 

 

So when he’s in year 4 of the reset and decides a reBuild is needed,  I guess you’ll be okay with giving him another 3 years because hey, he’s starting from scratch and learned from the failed reset and is a different MB with a new again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will make my judgments in the future based on what is happening at that time. 

In 2018, I wanted him fired... go back and look at my posts. 

 

That didnt' happen. 

 

However, in the last two years I like what he's done, so I'm willing to let him keep going with this current plan. 

 

Whether i support him or want him fired in two years will be based upon what he does in the next two years. 

I'm allowed to reevaluate and chnage my mind.  I don't need to have an opinion in advance and then continue to hold it no matter what the evidence is. 

Bergevin is a human being, he can learn as he goes along... he's not the same GM he was in 2013... meanwhile the league also changes and in two years will not be the same as it was.  If he is able to adapt and is doing a good job in 2022, I'll support him.  If he isn't, then I won't support him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, was cranky and jet lagged on a plane coming back home. Didn’t pay attention

 

Ill pay attention Don. It’s just that I don’t like trolls and now I’ve become one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Sorry, was cranky and jet lagged on a plane coming back home. Didn’t pay attention

 

Ill pay attention Don. It’s just that I don’t like trolls and now I’ve become one

I havent had any real issue with your thoughts at all, that i can recall anyways?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

 

dont sound good at all for quick return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today the Habs announced Weber will be out for 4 to 6 weeks with an "ankle sprain".  Considering he's been out about a week now, that sprain must be the high ankle variety and they are difficult to recover from. I think there's a chance he may not return this season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, habscout said:

Today the Habs announced Weber will be out for 4 to 6 weeks with an "ankle sprain".  Considering he's been out about a week now, that sprain must be the high ankle variety and they are difficult to recover from. I think there's a chance he may not return this season.

 

 

 

Kyprieos, of course, has suggested Weber's "future is in question" and stands by his story. I assume this is alarmism, but it certainly suggests he'll be out for some time. The season is done for the Habs and probably for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Kyprieos, of course, has suggested Weber's "future is in question" and stands by his story. I assume this is alarmism, but it certainly suggests he'll be out for some time. The season is done for the Habs and probably for him.

 

All the guys employed in the hockey media... freidman, mckenzie, engels, basu, lavoie, etc... have debunked kypreos' story.

 

Why are we believing him, the guy who was fired and has no media company hiring him, over all of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not, Weber will be back next year, 

 

I don't think its a sprained ankle, probably more re injured the area that he had surgery on, felt something similar and wanted to have the surgeon do a complete evalaution. 

 

You don't fly to wisconsin for a sprained ankle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Chris said:

Im not, Weber will be back next year, 

 

I don't think its a sprained ankle, probably more re injured the area that he had surgery on, felt something similar and wanted to have the surgeon do a complete evalaution. 

 

You don't fly to wisconsin for a sprained ankle 

 

The ankle was one of the areas he jad surgery on.  (He hurt his knee and ankle/foot) when he was off for a year.

 

When you had surgery on that ankle and you hurt it again... yes you might want to see the same surgeon again.

 

The surgeon could then say... just a sprain, no damage to what i did last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was slightly amused by one story (I think it was on HI/O) which described Weber as "displeased" that his injury was being reported as career threatening.

 

Imagine that behemoth in "displeased" mode...yikes 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 10:26 AM, Chris said:

Im not, Weber will be back next year, 

 

I don't think its a sprained ankle, probably more re injured the area that he had surgery on, felt something similar and wanted to have the surgeon do a complete evalaution. 

 

You don't fly to wisconsin for a sprained ankle 

You do when you have 20million in salary still to be paid to you  and that same foot was worked on 1 year prior...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Weber's participating in a full practice today alongside Chiarot on the top pairing.  That was a fast month...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

So Weber's participating in a full practice today alongside Chiarot on the top pairing.  That was a fast month...

 

The fastest return from a career ending injury in history!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...