Whos going to be on MTL fourth line

Habs Duude

Most probably Bégin, Vandermeer and the AHL player who will impress the most Claude Julien in training camp. I don't think Julien will dress Vandermeer every night. So there's a lot of possibilities.

I don't know how Plekanec would fit on a 4th line. I guess it's the only way he can start in the NHL. 4th line and time on the 2nd PP unit (Ribs at the point on the 1st PP unit?)

Originally posted by sakiqc

Most probably Bégin, Vandermeer and the AHL player who will impress the most Claude Julien in training camp. I don't think Julien will dress Vandermeer every night. So there's a lot of possibilities.

I don't know how Plekanec would fit on a 4th line. I guess it's the only way he can start in the NHL. 4th line and time on the 2nd PP unit (Ribs at the point on the 1st PP unit?)

The second PP unit is a great idea for Plekanec with Ryder and possibly Bonk?

I prefer Saku on the point for the first unit though, with Ribs at centre. The type of hockey that Ribs plays IMO he would be a more creative man down low than on the point.

But, I guess I didn't answer the orginal question.:wall:

I have a feeling that if any two of Hainsey,Bouillon,Striet impress at camp you will see Dandenault on the 4th line with Begin and I like the sounds of Plekanec being there.

[Edited on 2005/8/23 by David B]

Originally posted by sakiqc

I agree, I doubt Vandermeer will be inserted in every game so the only mainstay should be Bégin. Right now there are many possibilities and whoever impresses most in training camp will likely get the spot.

I guess it also depends on who wins the other available spots on the roster. There are probably 4 forward spots up for grabs, including 2 on the 4th line, with 7 players fighting for them.

I think the main point is that that until training camp is over, Bégin is only one we can pencil in as a regular for the 4th line. There is just too much uncertainty for the other spots and any guess (to a certain extent) is a valid one.

Originally posted by Quiet Robert

I think the main point is that that until training camp is over, Bégin is only one we can pencil in as a regular for the 4th line. There is just too much uncertainty for the other spots and any guess (to a certain extent) is a valid one.

I'll second that.

Welcome to the board :clap:

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse
Originally posted by Quiet Robert

I'll second that.

Welcome to the board :clap:

And I agree too. The beginning of the year will be very much a flux time so all sorts of possibilities will be tried. I expect the same for the 2nd & 3rd lines too.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Julien try different things with the first line. By that I mean maybe another skill player (Pereshogin? or maybe even Plekanec) might be inserted instead of Zednik just to see what works in the heat of the action.

It's possible.

:ghg:

[Edited on 2005/8/24 by shortcat1]

I'd have no problem with a full-on youth movement on the fourth line...something like:

Perezhogin - Bégin - Higgins

With Vandermeer being called to duty when necessary.

But i agree with those who speak of the "flux time" in the early part of the season, whereby we are trying out some combos to see what magic might exist in the unlikeliest of places

Originally posted by The Saint

I'd have no problem with a full-on youth movement on the fourth line...something like:

Perezhogin - Bégin - Higgins

Perezhogin isn't a good fit for the 4th line. He's a thug, but he's not a physcial player nor a good defensive player. Higgins and Pleky are much better two-way players.

Perogy is no thug. (Funny how we each have a different nickname for him.) He'll play second line with Ribs and Ryder.

The third line is full unless Higgins is ready to take Sundstroms spot. Sundstrom can then play fourth-line with Bégin and Plekanec.

1st line is obvious. Except for the start of the season when Julien wants to try some stuff out.

What about the young guys who can't be sent to Hamilton (unless they clear waivers)? What do we do with them all?

Plek

Perez

Higgins

Hossa

Hainsey

I believe Vandermeer, Dags and Striet have one way contracts so.....

Either my facts are not worth a crap (that is more than possible) or something is going to give.

Hossa will have to clear waivers and Hainsey will too eventually. If he doesn't prove himself at the beginning of the season than he'll be sent down. The waiting list is too long.

Montreals fourth line will be a revolving door or Steve Begin, Nikalas Sundstrom, Chris Higgins, Thomas Plekanec, Peter Vandermeer, and Raitis Ivanans.

Maybe Marcel Hossa, and Alex Perezhogin if there struggling offensively or if Julien wants them to learn more about the defensive side of the game

Originally posted by kaos

Montreals fourth line will be a revolving door or Steve Begin, Nikalas Sundstrom, Chris Higgins, Thomas Plekanec, Peter Vandermeer, and Raitis Ivanans.

Maybe Marcel Hossa, and Alex Perezhogin if there struggling offensively or if Julien wants them to learn more about the defensive side of the game

Nuh uh...

Ivanans will be lucky to play 1 NHL game this year. Sundstrom and Bégin should be regulars.

hey this is my first post after checking this forum daily for a month...... well ive actually been working different line combinations but this is what i personally think will work best this year.

Kovalev , Koivu , Zednik

Ryder , Ribeiro , Dagenais (not a big fan but i hear he works well with ribs.)

Bulis , Bonk , Sundstrom

Souray & Komisarek

Rivet & Markov

Dandeneault & Streit (Bouillon or Hainsey)

and since this is what the thread is all about the fourth line!!..................... sorry about the delay....

Plekanec , Begin , Vandermeer

or...

Pleckanec , Begin , Perezhoghin or Hossa

and thats my two cents,.... thanks for listening and sorry for being a little off topic.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by The-Habby2919

hey this is my first post after checking this forum daily for a month...... well ive actually been working different line combinations but this is what i personally think will work best this year.

Kovalev   ,   Koivu   ,   Zednik  

Ryder    ,   Ribeiro  ,  Dagenais (not a big fan but i hear he works well with ribs.)

Bulis    ,  Bonk ,    Sundstrom

Souray   &   Komisarek

Rivet    &   Markov

Dandeneault  &  Streit (Bouillon or Hainsey)

and since this is what the thread is all about the fourth line!!..................... sorry about the delay....

Plekanec  ,  Begin  ,  Vandermeer

or...

Pleckanec , Begin ,  Perezhoghin or Hossa    

and thats my two cents,.... thanks for listening and sorry for being a little off topic.      

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

whoops.... forgot Theodore and Danis (until Huet gets back)

You're not as nearly off-topic as I have been and as many others have been also.

Thanks for the input and welcome to the community. You'll find it informative, interesting, funny... worthwhile.

:ghg:

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by kaos

Nuh uh...

Ivanans will be lucky to play 1 NHL game this year. Sundstrom and Bégin should be regulars.

Actually yeah your probably right. Instead of Ivanans it'll probably be Jan Bulis with Begin, Sundstrom on that fourth line, with Plekanec and Vandermeer subbing in for injuries, slumps or in Vandermeers case toughness

Bulis? He's a perfect thirdline player! I thought we'd all agreed he was a third-line regular and would play great with Bonk.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Bulis? He's a perfect thirdline player! I thought we'd all agreed he was a third-line regular and would play great with Bonk.

And if anyone should know about Bulis it's this guy!

• 2 weeks later...

Is Vandermeer really such a good fit for the 4th line? He seems like a career AHL'er for me - he might be a great character player for the Bulldogs but I doubt that he'll crack the HABS lineup. What we're missing there is a guy like Dowd or Langdon, they'd fit perfect there ...

Bégin - Plekanec - Dowd, hmm, would have been a perfect 4th line in my eyes.

BTW. Has Dowd already signed with another team?