Lehkonen – Suzuki – Armia
Kovalchuk – Domi – Evans
Cousins – Thompson – Weise

Chiarot – Mete
Kulak – Petry

Scandella – Folin

Price

23 minutes ago, Neech said:

No way should Drouin rush back if he's not absolutely 100%.  It seems like our guys are always heroically playing through injuries for no reason at all.   

I dont get the impression that this is rushing back.  

Its way more than the initial timeline (8 weeks) we are closer to 12 now.

He was almost ready to go two weeks ago and they held him back.

He was almost ready last weekend and they held him back.

If they say hes ready tonight, i have nothing to tell me its rushed based on that though 

That said with this long of a time off i dont expect him to be 100%... but thats more a thing of finding his timing, finding his touch with the puck, and those things cause hes such a finesse player.  There is also the issue of even though hes practiced the only way to replicate game speed and the endurance to be in game shape is games.  So waiting longer cant help these things 

There has been some kerfuffle (hey, first time ever trying that on a sentence) in the french media based on CJ's comment that Drouin is the one delaying his return to the line-up. I hope he plays tonight even if on limited ice time

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Jim Hughson may have called it a gem of a game late in the first period but this has been a pretty dull one so far.

Yeah, that was kind of weird. Sure, there was good pace, but you need some actual scoring chances to properly call a game "exciting."

47 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, that was kind of weird. Sure, there was good pace, but you need some actual scoring chances to properly call a game "exciting."

I'm starting to think it's in the contracts for the play-by-play guys that they have to call the game exciting or fun a certain number of times a night.  Bryan Mudryk is guilty of that every single game whether it's entertaining or not.

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

I'm shocked. We got some actual hockey news and analysis during Hockey Day in Canada. 

Brian! Come quick! It's Christmas in February!

:1banana:

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Wow, and all of a sudden we have an actual top 9 again. 

And it has resulted in almost zero offensive threats against a team (and goalie) playing on the 2nd night of a back-to-back.

*sigh*