Yannick Perreault

maritimehabfan

I had heard that Chicago and Columbus were interested in him.

Looks like he might be had for the league minimum which wouldn't be too bad for someone. The guy is capable of scoring 15 to 20 goals,a nd winning 60+ % of faceoffs. NOt bad for $450,000

His time with the Habs is over. He was effective at times during his tenure with the Habs. His faceoff skills are the best in the NHL, however his skating and defensive ability were below average. In the new NHL, provided the referees actually stick to the rule changes this time, the need for speed will be very advantageous, which will hinder Perreault. Also, Perreault has to play on one of the top 2 lines in order to be effective, and I can't see him getting that opportunity again in Montreal, as the team has improved greatly since he began playing for them. He's still a good shooter, and if he can get close to the net with the puck he stands a great chance to score. I'm sure a team will sign him to a 1 year deal, perhaps a team with a lot of younger forwards.

Yanic is way past what he used to be all he has to offer is face off skills...yea its good, but for mtl not good enough. well not anymore. for who mtl got when gainey took over, he has been improving the team greatly wih young new faces with tons of talent:clap:

EDITED TO MAKE IT EASIER TO READ! NEXT TIME I WON'T BE SO NICE

[Edited on 8-23-05 by Fanpuck33]

Originally posted by habscout

Also, Perreault has to play on one of the top 2 lines in order to be effective, and I can't see him getting that opportunity again in Montreal, as the team has improved greatly since he began playing for them.

Agreed. He needs to be a second line center. He shoots and wins faceoffs, but then becomes a defensive liability.