Theodore and Ryder Question

Fanpuck33_

So, potentially this could go on for a long time (till that date of no return), I take it.

I'll be choked with Theo if he sits out ANY time at camp...not cool in my books...sort of like Lecavalier yapping about "Home Team Discount" to keep the core together and then hooping TBay with his greedy contract...

I think they will find a way to sign the valuable player the Theo has become.

He's not Marty Brodeur or Roberto Luongo but he certainly leaps and bounds ahead of the Cloutier's and the Osgood's around the league.

I think if we ink him a 5 million for a few years - waive off the no trade clause of his contract - we would be in a good position to hold or trade Theo for another good Net minder.

Let's remember that Luongo is not satisfied with the treatment he's getting from Florida.... would he play in his country for his province - probably...

I Don't want to see Theo Leave - fidelity to a team and to a player has always been my thing ... but if it gets nasty ... then nasty it will get ... just look at Hossa ... that got nasty....

As for Ryder ... give him the money - same or more than Ribiero - for 2 years - he wants to win more than his talent - and he's got lots of talent - so he really wants to win...

:bow::hlogo::bow::ghg::que::bow:

I hope theo is signed. He has always played well (except for that one season) and he puts the habs in a position to win every night. He is a proven goalie and they should sign him to a long term contract. As for ryder sign him long term for the ribs salary.

One thing about Theo and money that hasn't been discussed is his endorsements. I know Theo does a number of ad campaigns in Quebec -- does anyone know how much these are worth?

And would he be able to pick up the same coin in, say, Florida, where hockey is not the social glue, where he isn't seen as the homeboy made good?

I have a hunch there are millions involved in Theo's endorsements, and that he would never make the same amount if he played outside Quebec.

That's true. I think he has a deal with Powerade or Gatorade. I've seen him in a few commercials, too. He makes more money in Montreal than he would anywhere else except for, maybe, Toronto.

I don't know the cost of his endorsements though. Crosby just got endorsed by Reebok. 2.5 million dollars for 5 years. That's 500,000 a year. Theo would probably make less than that but if he has more than one endorsement he can be earning big bucks.

I don't think Theo will leave Montreal, like you guys mention it, his value both in and out of the rink is at its greatest in Mtl. Although looking timid, Theo likes the attention he gets here (and the endorsment $$$).

Habs will most likely sign him to a 4year deal, and eventually see the results. i'm not the biggest Theo fan, but when he is at his best ... In either case according to most reports, he was great at the team Canada training camp, and has been training in and off ice most of the summer, sitting out camp would not be to anyone's advantage.

On the other hand, i have liked Ryder since he was with Hull Olympiques with coach Julien, and i think that as long as Julien will remain here,... so will Ryder. They have been together in Hull, Hamilton and now Montreal... Julien knows how to get the best out of him. Now lets just hope that his 2003-2004 season was not a fluke. He has repeated numerous times that he did not want this contractual situation to last too long and i am confident that his situation will be fixed b4 Theo's.