Feb. 9, Rocket vs Marlies, 4 PM

dlbalr

After falling to Belleville on Saturday, Laval looks to get back into the win column in a huge matchup against the Marlies who sit two points behind the Rocket for the final playoff spot with a game in hand.

Laval.png

(Lines have some guesses with Poehling returning and it's expected he will play at centre.)

Hudon - Kotkaniemi - Lynch
Peca - Varone - Barber
Alain - Poehling - Veilleux
Pezzetta - Dauphin - Jevpalovs

Olofsson - Fleury

Leskinen - McEneny

Alzner - Brook

Kinkaid

Toronto.png

(Lines based on last game.)

Korshkov - McMaster - Aberg

Agostino - Petan - Marchment

Wilson - Gaudet - Read

Estephan - Elynuik - Pooley

Kivihalme - Hollowell

Gravel - Duszak

Rubins - Schmaltz

Kaskisuo

Puck drop is at 4:00 PM EST.  91.9 Sports has the coverage in French.  RDS and TSN 2 are also showing the game, the latter being the Leafs TV feed.

i think this is updated one?

Hudon-Kotkaniemi-Barber

Peca-Poehling-Lynch

Veilleux-Varone-Alain

Pezzetta-Dauphin-Jevpalovs

Olofsson-Fleury

Leskinen-McEneny

Alzner-Brook

Kinkaid McNiven

20 minutes ago, DON said:

i think this is updated one?

Hudon-Kotkaniemi-Barber

Peca-Poehling-Lynch

Veilleux-Varone-Alain

Pezzetta-Dauphin-Jevpalovs

Olofsson-Fleury

Leskinen-McEneny

Alzner-Brook

Kinkaid McNiven

Yeah, that looks like what they're using.  When I post these, I'm guessing as to what the lines are if there are changes to the roster.

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Yeah, that looks like what they're using.  When I post these, I'm guessing as to what the lines are if there are changes to the roster.

Well, hope game isnt blacked out on TSN2.

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Interesting that Poehling moves back to centre. Is this a long term outlook on where he should play in the NHL, or just what's best for Laval right now?

If he can play centre, its best to develop him there.  

He's young enough that he can always move back to the wing if thats what is needed in the NHL... but if you can develop him in the middle at least try that. 

49 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Interesting that Poehling moves back to centre. Is this a long term outlook on where he should play in the NHL, or just what's best for Laval right now?

I think a Poehling-Kotkaniemi-Hudon line might have been best for Laval, especially with their centre depth being half decent despite Vejdemo's injury.  Peca's on the wing and Dauphin's on the fourth line so it's not like they're hurting for depth.  My guess is that they're getting Poehling used to being back down the middle so if/when they move Thompson, it'll probably be Poehling taking that role (even if the better longer-term play is to let him having more ice time in Laval).

52 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think a Poehling-Kotkaniemi-Hudon line might have been best for Laval, especially with their centre depth being half decent despite Vejdemo's injury.  Peca's on the wing and Dauphin's on the fourth line so it's not like they're hurting for depth.  My guess is that they're getting Poehling used to being back down the middle so if/when they move Thompson, it'll probably be Poehling taking that role (even if the better longer-term play is to let him having more ice time in Laval).

Evans is right there, tho... 

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Evans is right there, tho... 

He has had a lot of wing time lately and I think they're starting to feel that the wing is his best spot in the NHL at this time.

28 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I don’t know why Bouchard gave the start to Kinkaid. Or has McNiven been sent back down already?

McNiven's still there.  They're sticking with the rotation except now there will be three goalies in there.  Plus, after the heated exchange earlier in the week, Bouchard probably wanted to give him a game before too long to see if the extra frustration might help get him going.

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

McNiven's still there.  They're sticking with the rotation except now there will be three goalies in there.  Plus, after the heated exchange earlier in the week, Bouchard probably wanted to give him a game before too long to see if the extra frustration might help get him going.

Narrator: It didn't.