Habs' prospect pool

tomh009

18 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Felt exactly the same.

We already know that Leblanc was not Timmins' pick.

Nobody will ever make me believe that Tinordi was his guy and probably McCarron as well. 

When Tinordi was picked, it was just after the amazing Halak run but got bullied a bit by  Pronger, Coburn, Hartnell and co in the East Final.

When McCarron was picked, the Big Bad Bruins had won the division and reached SC Final.

I'm totally convinced that both of these picks were Bergevin's call, trying to adress what was "working best" at the time.

Bergevin was in chicago when Tinordi was taken.

21 hours ago, Commandant said:

As an 18 year old, Kotkaniemi was better than all three of these players, who have all been kept in the NHL this season. 

Yakapov also had better numbers in his rookie year than he regressed.  Kakko is the only one who makes sense because at least physically he is a man. Hughes would have been better served going to college like his brother.

using franchises that don’t have a clear plan (NJD- trade for Subban, sign other UFA’s and probably rushed Hughes to try and convince Hall to stay).  NYR did a good job of selling and stocking up prospects and look like they are making right decision with Lundquist, but Kaako doesn’t look ready).  Don’t get why they want to blow an a year of control.

Tatar, Armia, Chiarot, Domi and even Cousins make this team better. To think that two years ago we had this lineup:

Galcheynuk  -Drouin     -Gallagher
Scherbak      -Danault   -Lenkohnen

Byron          -delaRose  -A.Shaw
Deslauriers  -Hudon    -Carr
IR: Pacioretty

Reilly   -Petry
Alzner -Juulsen
Benn   -Lernout
IR: Weber, Mete, Valiev

Lindgren/Niemi
IR: Price

===

And the talent pool is better than what we had in:

Rychel, Cracknet, Terry, Addison, Froese, McCarron, Audette, Taormina, Parisi, Bourque

I do not know how anyone can say that the CH has not improved in the last couple of seasons.

4 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Tatar, Armia, Chiarot, Domi and even Cousins make this team better. To think that two years ago we had this lineup:

Galcheynuk  -Drouin     -Gallagher
Scherbak      -Danault   -Lenkohnen

Byron          -delaRose  -A.Shaw
Deslauriers  -Hudon    -Carr
IR: Pacioretty

Reilly   -Petry
Alzner -Juulsen
Benn   -Lernout
IR: Weber, Mete, Valiev

Lindgren/Niemi
IR: Price

===

And the talent pool is better than what we had in:

Rychel, Cracknet, Terry, Addison, Froese, McCarron, Audette, Taormina, Parisi, Bourque

I do not know how anyone can say that the CH has not improved in the last couple of seasons.

I don’t give a crap if the team is better than it was two years ago. It’s still a crap team.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t give a crap if the team is better than it was two years ago. It’s still a crap team.

You dont care about a team being improved.  You just expect someone to come in.. snap their fingers and make a cup winner?

It doesnt work like that.

The team hit rock bottom in 2018.  Retooling/rebuilding/resetting/whatever you want to call it wasnt gonna happen over night 

7 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Just a ray of sunshine, how do you manage to stay so positive?

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

They lost tonight and are not performing well

but I care that they are rebuilding through the draft

56 minutes ago, DON said:

Just a ray of sunshine, how do you manage to stay so positive?

I think that’s a question you should be asking yourself when watching this team.  What have they shown to be feeling positive of their direction?

9 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I think that’s a question you should be asking yourself when watching this team.  What have they shown to be feeling positive of their direction?

Is all right grumpy, team is tanking so is your time to shine!:clap:

• Like 1