Lazy Last Minute GDT: Habs at Bruins

Commandant

15 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

He may not be the same player he was during his prime but he is still the definition of a sniper. 

There are articles all the way up to February 3rd, 2020 that use terminology such as “the Russian sniper” to describe him. 

Yeah but he's not at the leave of Pastrnak right now 10 years ago yes, but now no. 

• Like 1

What game is Garry Galley watching?

They showed the Bruins player shooting the puck out of the ice from two angles and I did not see it touching the glass but he did.  TSN needs to get rid of that Boston homer!

Pretty sure conspiracy theorists Trizzak and Peter Puck think Kovalchuk wants to be traded to the Bruins anyway. 

2 minutes ago, habscout said:

What game is Garry Galley watching?

They showed the Bruins player shooting the puck out of the ice from two angles and I did not see it touching the glass but he did.  TSN needs to get rid of that Boston homer!

The puck hit the lip of the boards and deflected out. It was a really weird angle but shouldn't have been a penalty.

The Boston feed clearly showed it hit the glass

Either way, you have to feel bad for Price, game after game, year after year, same stuff different day

Overall good for the trade deadline, everyone worked up a sweat and no injuries

1 minute ago, Chris said:

I was told the habs have 3 scoring lines

When healthy.  

Tatar  / Danault  / Gallagher 

Drouin  / Domi  / Kovalchuk 

Lehkonen  / Suzuki  Armia 

Next year when all are healthier Should be better that's if we re up kovalchuk.

Byron  / Kotkaniemi  / Weal

Could be another good scoring line.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Those were wide open nets, don't need a sniper to do that. Now getting habs offense to make a play to get a player a wide open net is another story entirely. 

Splitting up Drouin and Domi is a must, both passers first who turnover the puck and dont play defense

I agree. I rarely see beauty cross seam plays with this group.

-I think this game clearly highlighted everything Chris has been saying about the Habs. We were soft, pushed around, lost most puck battles and were dominated in our own zone.

-Price was amazing despite the 4-1 score

-Domi has poor hockey IQ and Drouin has an even poorer hockey IQ - we need to split them up

-Petry was embarrassed by Marchand all night, including the "fight"

-Chara continues to be a dirty shitcock and that crosscheck to the throat should result in a suspension but it won't

-I've been saying that this may be the first season where I didn't dislike any of our players but that has changed. Domi is pissing me off and I think he is fighting Drouin for the dumbest player in the NHL.

-I can understand the argument to keep Tatar but if we consider the Pittsburgh trade as a measuring stick then the return for Tatar should be immense (if he isn't injured). We should be able to get a top shelf prospect and a pick - ideally a high end defense prospect. We have strong forward depth and if the return is there we would be crazy not to trade him.

-our bench looked defeated last night (a look I haven't seen this season from them). I wouldn't be surprised if we have a strong losing streak on the way.

11 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Stop me if you've heard this one before:

Habs work hard but don't get the offense needed to win the game. 

It appears that Trizzak and I watched the same game.

Not sure what game others watched where they saw the bench quit and the team pushed around with no fight back.  

It is what is it.

This season a lot of things went terribly wrong and it’s very hard to try and overcome.

-Losing key players early in the season, coupled with Prices poor play early.

-Overcoming two 8 game losing streaks.

-Losing the captain for the rest of the year.

They missed last year, the year before and 4 of the last 5, 

That is the problem

Im sure the won the coveted advanced stats battle and the heat signature graph for the crest of Rask's jersey was red hot also. 

I have no problem witht the work ethic of the team since MB took over. 

You don't win with hard work, CHaracter and replacing plugs every year. 

Until there is a change in management, coaching staff, drafting and development, this team will continue to flounder around 

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

Drouin has had a nice 12 game stint as a hab, 

The rest has been garbage 

It's more than 12, but at the end of the day I've seen guys like him too many times.Very rarely do they ever rise above their limitations as sizzle but no steak.

24 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

On a minor side-note, I predicted Drouin would suck upon his return...just sayin' 😉 

That's how "soft skill" guys like him are. Unreliable by definition.

Three games after 3 months off? This is what we judge him on?  Come on man, we both know you are better than that.

He basically is in preseason mode getting back to game speed. You can practice all day but nothing replicates midseason game speed in the NHL.  Three months of no games is the same thing as an off-season.

I think he can be reevaluated after 15 games or so.  Everyone knew it would take time after being off for so long.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

It appears that Trizzak and I watched the same game.

Not sure what game others watched where they saw the bench quit and the team pushed around with no fight back.  

Oh the Habs fought and played hard for sure but they were outmatched in every area of the ice and it wasn't even close