Lazy Last Minute GDT: Habs at Bruins

Commandant

11 hours ago, Chris said:

You don't need a pre season warm up to not make beer league passes and not hustle after you make a beer league play. 

As a beer league player way past his prime, I'd like to state that we do hustle but are way too out of shape so it looks like we aren't hustling. And our shitty passes are because we are too tired and are scared of having a stroke 

8 minutes ago, illWill said:

As a beer league player way past his prime, I'd like to state that we do hustle but are way too out of shape so it looks like we aren't. And our shitty passes are because we are too tired and are scared of having a stroke 

And the reason the goalies tend not to do the butterfly much is because it's really hard to get back up again!

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

And the reason the goalies tend not to do the butterfly much is because it's really hard to get back up again!

Like the butterfly, you have to pick your spots while back checking. Nobody is flying around out there for the standard minimum 3 minute shift. 

I still.say if the Habs want to trade Byron, offers will be better if he can come back and have a good March to end the season and then trade him in the summer... rather than now while hes been hurt a long time and even if he plays before the deadline, he will be rusty.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

I still.say if the Habs want to trade Byron, offers will be better if he can come back and have a good March to end the season and then trade him in the summer... rather than now while hes been hurt a long time and even if he plays before the deadline, he will be rusty.

I still don't see anyone wanting him, he's old and small with injury issues. When we're fully healthy he's on our 4th line, which is a nice luxury but not worth the price tag.    

3 hours ago, Neech said:

I still don't see anyone wanting him, he's old and small with injury issues. When we're fully healthy he's on our 4th line, which is a nice luxury but not worth the price tag.    

Ottawa would be a good fit once they trade Pageau

6 hours ago, Neech said:

Hes a good pker who has scored 20 goals in the league and is 30 years old.  A useful piece on the third line of many teams in the league.  

The Habs are one of the deeper teams in the league when it comes to wingers (but of course need higher end talent). So being on our fourth line when everyone is healthy doesnt mean hed be there for every team.

He does have to come back and prove hes healthy though 

I’d have to agree here. If Byron is traded at the deadline it will be for nothing... a 4th rounder at the most (id be shocked if he got a 3rd). The off-season coupled with a successful return to the lineup from injury would be a different scenario though.