Zucker - Crosby - Simon

McCann - Malkin - Rust

Aston-Reese - Blueger - Tanev

Lafferty - Agozzino - Hornqvist

Johnson - Letang

Pettersson - Schultz

Riikola - Ruhwedel

Murray

Something tells me Claude Julien will like that first period.  They were a lot better defensively than they have been.  It came at the expense of anything resembling an offensive attack but at least the defensive structure was there.

Poor Price, only guy out there who makes a difference, 

With all due respect to tatar and suzuki who are basically the only habs offense now a days 

Price will just have to pick up his game and start scoring goals 

Looks like the mustard has come off the kavalchuk hot dog 

44 minutes ago, Chris said:

I believe they teach you at age 5, on a 2 on 1, d-men take the pass, goalie gets the shooter 

For whatever reason, Montreal's strategy seems to be try to take away the pass and most of the shooting lane.  It looks great when it works but when it doesn't (which happens a lot), it's ugly.

Just now, dlbalr said:

For whatever reason, Montreal's strategy seems to be try to take away the pass and most of the shooting lane.  It looks great when it works but when it doesn't (which happens a lot), it's ugly.

But did Claude Julien like or not like that third period?

26 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

I think the news that Weber was out for the rest of the year broke the club.

They have been trying hard all year to overcome the obstacles but that really sealed the deal and they are playing like it.

Its on Bergevin for not upgrading the D in the off season. Its the same team as last year, with the same weak D core as last year. Now  Weber is out and this group pretty much other than Petry is full of bottom 6th / 7th guys 

11 hours ago, Trizzak said:

But did Claude Julien like or not like that third period?

Something tells me he would be okay with that period.  Lots of shots and some decent chances which wasn't the case early on.  The production wasn't there obviously but I thought the effort was and if they made some adjustments to try to kickstart the attack, then it wasn't all bad.

• Like 1

Suzuki tied 3rd rookie scoring.

After 1:10 and 1a yesterday, Mete now has played total of 3:20 PP time this year, maybe Weber's injury will allow him to show that he deserves more?

• Upvote 1

Let's hope this helps Mete. I think that with more playing time on an offensive role he would start producing and become a threat, he is a great skater and has good flair

12 hours ago, sbhatt said:

They look like an unmotivated bunch that's just playing out the string at this point.

I didnt see that.  The team seemed to work hard to.try and come back.  They may not have scored but i didnt see them quit.

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Let's hope this helps Mete. I think that with more playing time on an offensive role he would start producing and become a threat, he is a great skater and has good flair

Gotta have the flair.:nuts:

Kovalchuk had 8 shots

Getting close to (already past) "mathematically" still in it; but really not a chance in hell.