What about our Hossa?

TheAussiePosse

If he doesn't cut it, can you see him being sent to Atlanta to play with his brother?

Seeing as Marian is no longer in our division, and we only see Atlanta once or twice, it's not as farfetched as it once was.

What do you reckon we'd get in return?

Haha, funny you should mention Abid, I've always liked him, and would love for him to come back to Montreal (he is Quebecois of sorts). But we have a surplus of scoring forwards. Perhaps a Dman instead? I'd be happy with Brian Sipotz (6'7, mighty strong, and decent defensive Dman).

I read a rumour from Echkloounde that has Atlanta offering Kovalchuk to Montreal for Marcel Hossa. To sweeten the pot, Atlanta is also offering to pay 93.865271% of his salary over the next 17 years. "I give it an E13 rating" he writes too.

Wow. And who said constructing rumours wasn't a tough task. ;)

[Edited on 2005/8/25 by shortcat1]

Heh, I think this rumour stands a better chance than the Habs ever dealing Marcel to Ottawa while Marion was there. A more likely scenario has Hossa either being traded to a Western conference team, or perhaps being claimed by Atlanta via waivers, should Hossa start the season in Montreal, falter then be sent down to Hamilton. I believe he is out of options, so if he is sent to the AHL he would be eligible to be selected by any team via waivers.

Atlanta is fighting for our play-off spot. We can't give them what they need (or want). Both brothers will play better if Marcel goes to Atlanta so it's best to send him to a division rival where you can be sure Atlanta will never get a trade from. How about Washington or Carolina.?

Originally posted by shortcat1

I read a rumour from Echkloounde that has Atlanta offering Kovalchuk to Montreal for Marcel Hossa. To sweeten the pot, Atlanta is also offering to pay 93.865271% of his salary over the next 17 years. "I give it an E13 rating" he writes too.

Wow. And who said constructing rumours wasn't tough task. ;)

That actually made me chuckle :D