Most Under-rated Player of Our Time

Fanpuck33_

Who do you guys think is the most under-rated player in the last 20 years in the NHL?

I think it's got to be Ron Francis. If you ask someone to list the game's best players, how many are going to name Francis? Very few, if any. All he's done in his career is rack up 549 goals and 1249 assists.

Joé Juneau has an underrated career. He went from a great offensive threat in his early years (he actually put a 100-point season or two) before mastering the defensive part of the game at the end of his career. Not many players have done that good offensively and defensively. Plus he's an engineer:)

Dave Andreychuk? Dino Ciccarelli? Doug Gilmour?

Adam Oates? This guy is the #3 on active career point leaders and the guys he's behind will retire soon. If not already retired: Ron Francis, Steve Yzerman, Mark Messier.

By recently, do you mean in the past season because I thought of him as a star in the 90's with Colorado. That was when they had a superstacked line-up and so did New Jersey, and Detroit, mainly. I'm talking about the Bourque Year. And I remember other people also liking him or atleast thinking he's good.

If you want one of today's underrated players you got Steve Rucchin.

All Time? Meh I don't know, Pat Verbeek? Just throwing a name around.

Ok here comes a name out of left field, as maybe not the most over rated but what about Theo Fleury?

We all know about his off ice troubles with substance abuse, but surprisingly he has decent numbers:

1,088 points (455 goals, 633 assists) in 1,084 career NHL games.

I read on TSN.ca the other day that he's just signed with the Belfast Giants...thats right Belfast, Ireland.

Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=134367

Originally posted by bar

Ok here comes a name out of left field, as maybe not the most over rated but what about Theo Fleury?

We all know about his off ice troubles with substance abuse, but surprisingly he has decent numbers:

1,088 points (455 goals, 633 assists) in 1,084 career NHL games.

I read on TSN.ca the other day that he's just signed with the Belfast Giants...thats right Belfast, Ireland.

Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=134367

Well atleast he is going to a place where he can be as pissed drunk as he wants. :clap:

I have to agree with Bullis_the_Habbie and say Andreychuck. I remember after the 95-96 season when the Leaf's let him go because they thought his best years were behind him. He has put up 634 goals and 686 assists in 1597 career games.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Who do you guys think is the most under-rated player in the last 20 years in the NHL?

I think it's got to be Ron Francis. If you ask someone to list the game's best players, how many are going to name Francis? Very few, if any. All he's done in his career is rack up 549 goals and 1249 assists.

You're 100% right about Ron Francis. He had a great career, was a great leader and example. Still, we didn't hear much or see him much.

One other player, IMO far better than Francis, and similarly pretty much unknown is Joe Sakic.

1155GP 542G 860A 1402PTS

Stanley Cups, Gold medals, Olympic MVP, Hart, Conn Smythe ... and more. Still pretty much not in the spotlight. Alright, I'll gave a little plug to my Sakic's website: www.sakic.ca :/)

damn kids....old men like me & Huzer all know that the least appreciated and most underrated player was...Marcel Dionne....it makes a big difference when you don't win a championship....ask Barkley & Marino

i have to agree that Ron Francis comes in a close second