Feb. 18, Montreal vs Detroit, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

It's a battle of the team that wants wins and isn't getting them vs a team that doesn't want wins but seems to have no issues beating Montreal.  Will both teams get their way or neither of them?  Tune in tonight at 7:30 to see for yourself.

Projected Montreal Lines:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher*

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Lehkonen - Domi - Kovalchuk

Byron - Thompson - Cousins

Chiarot - Weber

Kulak - Petry

Ouellet - Mete

Price

* - game-time decision

Projected Detroit Lines:

Mantha - Larkin - Fabbri

Athanasiou - Filppula - Bertuzzi

Helm - Nielsen - Glendening

Perlini - Ehn - Abdelkader

Daley - Green

Nemeth - Lindstrom

Bowey - Biega

Bernier

We'll see how the team reacts to the Scandella trade. This is the first indication that management has thrown in the towel on the season. Do the players follow suit after such an exhausting effort to stay in the race?

47 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I'd like to see Mete back on the left and Fleury called up to take a regular shift....

probably the bottom pair flips sides. Ouellet is a lefty but had been playing RD most of the season in Laval (if I am not mistaken) with Olofsson. He will play against the team who waived him out-the-door

Either he performs well, or he goes back down, tared and feathered like Hudon.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

We'll see how the team reacts to the Scandella trade. This is the first indication that management has thrown in the towel on the season. Do the players follow suit after such an exhausting effort to stay in the race?

No. Sorry to say, I think the opposite, at least for this game anyhow.:gohabsgo:

Byron with a giveaway, vintage burst of speed, takeaway, and a pass to set up a Cousins to Thompson 2 on 0. Glad to see he was rewarded with an assist after a bad start to the season and 3 months lost to injury.

47 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Was getting ready to post about the futility of Cousins and Weal on the same PP unit, but then that unit scored so whatever, #### it, throw Weise on there too, nothing makes sense or matters.

The weal pass on that Suzuki goal was sexy

I was hoping to see a full line up tonight with no injuries for pretty much the first time all year and nope Gallagher goes down. Then the irony in us trading for Scandella to cover for Mete. We trade him away for a solid #2RD pick and Mete gets hurt again.

Let me hear again theres no  such bullshit as lucky, un lucky bad luck....

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The weal pass on that Suzuki goal was sexy

Yes indeed. 

People question his use on the PP but I'm pretty sure he was one of the best passers in the league last season... right up there with the best if them...