Feb. 19/21, Manitoba vs Laval

dlbalr

And you being his first born or something defending garbage this team produces under his leadership year after year 

I give him credit when he does things, just yesterday i said Scandella was a great move 

Criticizing him with inaccurate facts... like saying this is a big trade for him... is something youve done a few times though.

There arent many gms who have made as many big deals as he has in the last few years.

Bergevin makes a ton of deals in general.  More little moves than the average gm but also more big moves than the average gm.  The idea that he only makes little moves just isnt supported by the facts.  Im a fan of facts.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Criticizing him with inaccurate facts... like saying this is a big trade for him... is something youve done a few times though.

There arent many gms who have made as many big deals as he has in the last few years.

Bergevin makes a ton of deals in general.  More little moves than the average gm but also more big moves than the average gm.  The idea that he only makes little moves just isnt supported by the facts.  Im a fan of facts.

Outside of the vanak and Petry deal he has rarely made the deal the team desperately NEEDED to address a need.  Like no top LD or even top 4 LD since he stupidly let Markov go without a replacement, or the year they were doing great until Price was shut down and he didn’t pick up a legitimate nhl goalie.  Hasn’t really picked up a Real nhl backup.

subban-weber trade lateral move. Drouin trade - actually made them worse long term by making them weaker on LD.  Drouin-Galchenyuk turned out to be a good move short term, but it was a move for two under achieving players and the guy we got is back to under achieving.  Patcioretty  trade turned out to better than I thought it would, but Tatar was more of a throw in.

Danault was a good pickup, but if this team is going to be a real contender, he should be the 3rd liner.
He has bought low and made a lot more moves for bottom pairing dman, 7-8 dmen and 4th liners.

40 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Outside of the vanak and Petry deal he has rarely made the deal the team desperately NEEDED to address a need.  Like no top LD or even top 4 LD since he stupidly let Markov go without a replacement, or the year they were doing great until Price was shut down and he didn’t pick up a legitimate nhl goalie.  Hasn’t really picked up a Real nhl backup.

subban-weber trade lateral move. Drouin trade - actually made them worse long term by making them weaker on LD.  Drouin-Galchenyuk turned out to be a good move short term, but it was a move for two under achieving players and the guy we got is back to under achieving.  Patcioretty  trade turned out to better than I thought it would, but Tatar was more of a throw in.

Danault was a good pickup, but if this team is going to be a real contender, he should be the 3rd liner.
He has bought low and made a lot more moves for bottom pairing dman, 7-8 dmen and 4th liners.

Kovalchuk? Danault? Pacioretty? Chiarot? Shaw? Weber? Those were deals that were desperately needed

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Kovalchuk? Danault? Pacioretty? Chiarot? Shaw? Weber? Those were deals that were desperately needed

We needed a D hell of a lot better than Chariot.

danault was not expected to be the #1 centre- it’s an indictment on the state of the team that he is the #1 centre. Question is also if he is gong to still produce at the same level if isn’t playing without Gallagher and Tatar type wingers.

As far as the pacs trade, Tatar was the salary dump for Vegas to make the deal, Suzuki was the target for th future and a winger was not the top need at the time - we were deep on wing still with the Drouin, Domi (who worked as a centre, but had been a winger when the deal was made, Gallagher and Byron were also there.

I hated the Shaw deal - some May liked his sandpaper, but we needed more skill. With the draft pick we gave up the hawks drafted a 40 goal scorer.

weber was a lateral move. Subban was a Norris candidate after that trade.

kovulchuk was a good pickup considering salary, with the injuries we have, but we needed a friggin top quality LD and a backup goalie a hell of a lot more.

I know everyone says the missed on Dibrincat, however they could have picked him earlier if they were so on him, or more likely they would not have drafted him anyway. 

Kovalchuk has cooled off big time, he would be a 40 point player at his current pace, he is a shiney object that distracts fans from reality 

15 minutes ago, Chris said:

I know everyone says the missed on Dibrincat, however they could have picked him earlier if they were so on him, or more likely they would not have drafted him anyway. 

Kovalchuk has cooled off big time, he would be a 40 point player at his current pace, he is a shiney object that distracts fans from reality 

They have not done a good job in general in drafting elite skilled players in general 

46 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

They have not done a good job in general in drafting elite skilled players in general 

Because there are so many elite players available each year in the second half of the first round ... clearly our drafting must be incompetent. We should surely be able to pick a 50-goal scorer every year in the first round, a 40-goal scorer in the second and a top-pair defenceman in the third. Can't do that? Throw out the bums!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Because there are so many elite players available each year in the second half of the first round ... clearly our drafting must be incompetent. We should surely be able to pick a 50-goal scorer every year in the first round, a 40-goal scorer in the second and a top-pair defenceman in the third. Can't do that? Throw out the bums!

Where were Pasternak, khuzneroc and John Carlson picked,?  where was Debrincat picked?

just have to look at the cape tonight to see not just much better, but elite late 1st round picks 

Evidently, despite their lengthy losing streak, Laval is playing well enough that the new guys get to play on the fourth line tonight...Blandisi is a top-six guy that's allergic to hitting, he is not a guy who should ever be on a fourth line. 

ERVOQzAWAAYUXC8?format=jpg

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Evidently, despite their lengthy losing streak, Laval is playing well enough that the new guys get to play on the fourth line tonight...Blandisi is a top-six guy that's allergic to hitting, he is not a guy who should ever be on a fourth line. 

Ah, but Blandisi suffers from one fatal flaw that will keep him from getting ice time with Bouchard: He deserves it.

Im fine with KK, evans, poehling, vejdemo getting more minutes than blandisi.  

Is your goal to develop kids or see the ahl team make the playoffs ?  I know how i answer that question 

Sure its nice to win, but winning cause some.24 year old or older is playing the minutes while the 20 year olds watch is kinda pointless.

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Im fine with KK, evans, poehling, vejdemo getting more minutes than blandisi. 

I'm fine with those guys getting more ice time than him too (other than Vejdemo who is also a fringe guy in my book).  I'm not fine with Kevin Lynch and Yannick Veilleux, fillers on minor league contracts, getting more ice time.  I'm not thrilled that Laurent Dauphin is getting more ice time when he was the fourth line centre two weeks ago.  He doesn't have NHL aspirations.  Blandisi has 21 NHL games this season.  One is a lot better than the other yet the better one is on the fourth line.  Those are the decisions that are reminiscent of Bouchard's predecessor. 

1-1 now and McEneny is out for the game as well.

41 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I was just looking at Blandisi being used at C... with kk, poehling and vejdemo ahead of him

That's fair.  While he played some centre in junior (though when I saw him with Barrie, he was often a winger), he has played a lot of the left wing in the pros.  If it's 2LW vs 4C, the former is the much better spot for him and puts him in the best situation to actually help the team.