Feb. 19/21, Manitoba vs Laval

dlbalr

37 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Im fine with KK, evans, poehling, vejdemo getting more minutes than blandisi.  

Is your goal to develop kids or see the ahl team make the playoffs ?  I know how i answer that question 

Sure its nice to win, but winning cause some.24 year old or older is playing the minutes while the 20 year olds watch is kinda pointless.

If you're doing the first well then you're also doing the latter. A winning culture is where prospects thrive. 

We always talk about the importance of veterans in the NHL to help younger players become better. And we'd all welcome playoff experience to see how Suzuki, Mete, and even Domi would react to it. Why would the AHL be any different? Putting Kotkaniemi with Hudon is nice, but why not give them a respected leader on the other wing to try to raise both their games up? What is Vejdemo supposed to learn from Alain? Kevin Lynch might be a good soldier, but is his play this season helping to unlock Poehling's potential?

This is just a bit troubling from an outsider's perspective, and the team's recent skid isn't helping the optics. 

Is it me or the Rocket players are chasing the puck all over the ice?

Seems to me like passes are not on the tape and that there is a

lot of starts stops an no fluid play from the Rocket 

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

If you're doing the first well then you're also doing the latter. A winning culture is where prospects thrive. 

We always talk about the importance of veterans in the NHL to help younger players become better. And we'd all welcome playoff experience to see how Suzuki, Mete, and even Domi would react to it. Why would the AHL be any different? Putting Kotkaniemi with Hudon is nice, but why not give them a respected leader on the other wing to try to raise both their games up? What is Vejdemo supposed to learn from Alain? Kevin Lynch might be a good soldier, but is his play this season helping to unlock Poehling's potential?

This is just a bit troubling from an outsider's perspective, and the team's recent skid isn't helping the optics. 

Who is the respected leader that should be used at RW?

Is Blandisi or Lucchini a leader?  I have no idea, honestly. 

I dont have an issue with Jake Evans being there, he's in his second year in the AHL, and was a 4 year player in College and captain of his team there.  Still young though, so I get it, not the veteran leader, but who is that veteran leader (and why isn't it Hudon being the leader for KK and Evans, given he's in his fourth AHL season, and had two years in the NHL?)

Varone and Barber played high in the lineup until recent weeks, and lets be honest, Varone was massively underperforming this year... and Barber put up numbers but was he a team leader? Sounds like they both had bad habits in the locker room.  They've been in the top 6/9 all year, how long do they stay there?  Are they helping with winning and making the playoffs?

Making the playoffs with a mix of rookies and vets is the goal, but this team, like the Habs, are out of the playoff race.  Its done after this losing streak... so where should Blandisi and Luccini play in their first game for them?