Alzner recalled

alfredoh2009

I am happy for Alzner, well deserved 

Edited by alfredoh2009
embeeding twitter

29 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am happy for Alzner, well deserved 

I guess he is the perfect dman to help the tank.  Otherwise I never wanted to see him as a hab - it was as about a stupid signing as MB could have made and I was glad he was sent down.

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I guess he is the perfect dman to help the tank.  Otherwise I never wanted to see him as a hab - it was as about a stupid signing as MB could have made and I was glad he was sent down.

I don't feel right cheering🍻 for a tank when everyone else is on board.

• Upvote 1

Don’t think so, more like: hey come to hang out with us and play less minutes for a bit before we send you down again for your playoff run

Ah! Don’t forget to take the recycling on your way out 

22 minutes ago, Commandant said:

They arent showcasing him.  With the scandella trade and the injuries hes one of only six healthy d.

They don’t even have 12 total between Montreal and Laval.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

They arent showcasing him.  With the scandella trade and the injuries hes one of only six healthy d.

I know,  just a weak joke that obviously flopped:crazy:

8 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

This just goes to show how weak our depth is on D. Where's everyone back in October that was arguing that our D was fine 🤔

Who argued that the D was fine.  I havent seen a single poster on here who didnt think we needed a top 4 LHD.

5 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

How do you plan ahead for 3 LH defensemen all getting injured within 24 hours of each other?

Damnit Bergevin buy a better crystal ball.

Also who has a better 6th LHD than alzner (not 6th d, 6th left handed d) Doubt there are many teams with an NHL vet that far down the depth chart. Not that this was the plan either though 

24 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

This just goes to show how weak our depth is on D. Where's everyone back in October that was arguing that our D was fine 🤔

I wasnt, i argued Bergevin should of been able to find a top 4 LH d-man and was biggest hole in line up. But obviously he was hoping Chiarot would be that good and cheapish top 4 LH d-man for now, Mete&Kulak are "OK" and The Tsar will be coming next year?

1 minute ago, Habsfan89 said:

Its call DEPTH, in which habs have none especially on D both NHL and NHL ready prospects. 

They have had lots of picks in last couple years and coming up, so more prospects the better (up to contract limits of course, which is where having NCAA kids help)

1 minute ago, DON said:

They have had lots of picks in last couple years and coming up, so more prospects the better (up to contract limits of course, which is where having NCAA kids help)

Yeah its helps 5 years from now if these picks turn out to be valuable NHL players. 

But it doesn't help the team now or the next 2-3 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Habsfan89 said:

Yeah its helps 5 years from now if these picks turn out to be valuable NHL players. 

But it doesn't help the team now or the next 2-3 years.

And?

Of course becoming a contender usually doesnt happen overnight, so maybe more realistic expectations are required.

50 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Its call DEPTH, in which habs have none especially on D both on the NHL  team and in the system for  NHL ready prospects. 

Again... who has a 6th left handed defenceman better than Alzner.

Go through the whole league if you want.  I'll wait.

There is depth.  And then there are issues you cant plan for... not with a 50 contract limit.

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Again... who has a 6th left handed defenceman better than Alzner.

Go through the whole league if you want.  Ill wait.

Winnipeg lost 4 top Defenseman this year , and they're in a playoff spot. Why because depth and upgrades.

Don't make excuses for having the same Dcore as last year and seeing the same results.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Is Fleury hurt?  I'm surprised he didn't get the call...starting to think he really pissed the coaches off somehow.

Just now, Commandant said:

He hasnt been good in the ahl since being sent down.

Unfortunate...I had high hopes for him early in the season.  He has a physical element that we really need.