Alzner recalled

alfredoh2009

12 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Winnipeg lost 4 top Defenseman this year , and they're in a playoff spot. Why because depth and upgrades.

Don't make excuses for having the same Dcore as last year and seeing the same results.

One team...

Whose goalie is a vezina candidate.  

And who knew in the offseason that three of those four d were leaving (one of whom was traded for another d).

If you think losing d in the offseason and replacing them with other d in the offseason is the same thing as losing three d to injury in february, i dont know what to say cause youre arguing apples and oranges here.

They also are barely in a spot in the west... in the east, they wouldnt be in a playoff spot...

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

One team...

And who knew in the offseason that three of those four d were leaving (one of whom was traded for another d).

If you think losing d in the offseason and replacing them with other d in the offseason is the same thing as losing three d to injury in february, i dont know what to say cause youre arguing apples and oranges here.

They also are barely in a spot in the west... in the east, they wouldnt be in a playoff spot...

I only said Winnipeg because of how much their dcore over changed in the off season.

I am sure theirs other teams going through injuries on D and still over coming them. Toronto is another team that  has key injuries to their D , they're still in the playoff race. Columbus is another team who's gone through injuries and yet still in the playoff race.

I am just so tired and over the injuries excuse with this team. Every year  that we're out of a playoff spot its because of injuries(give  me a break!).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Unfortunate...I had high hopes for him early in the season.  He has a physical element that we really need.

I think it's also a case of handedness.  Weber, Petry, and Folin are all righties like Fleury.  If they recalled Fleury, one of them would have to play their off-side.  Weber doesn't play there and Petry has made it known he doesn't like playing that.  Folin's passable but if you ask him to play his off-side, it'd be a risk as well.  Alzner and Olofsson were the only lefties left under NHL contract that could be recalled so it was going to be one of them by default.  Alzner's not great but he can give them 12-14 minutes and you have a good idea of what you're going to get.  Olofsson wasn't getting anywhere near that on his recall which made Alzner the inevitable choice.

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

I am just so tired and over the injuries excuse with this team. Every year  that we're out of a playoff spot its because of injuries(give  me a break!).

At this point no one is using the LD injuries as an excuse for where we are. It’s just the reason why the Habs had to recall Alzner — and the Rocket had to dip into the McGill roster.

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Damnit Bergevin buy a better crystal ball.

Also who has a better 6th LHD than alzner (not 6th d, 6th left handed d) Doubt there are many teams with an NHL vet that far down the depth chart. Not that this was the plan either though 

I doubt I’d anyone is paying that mulch for a a LD that is 6th in the depth chart.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

One team...

So he Should he the goalie carrying his team the highest paid goalie in the league or The guy in Winnipeg?