2020 NHL Trade Deadline Day

dlbalr

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Moving Tatar is hardly "blowing up the core." He's the guy I'd be shipping out (assuming a competitive return).

Petry is a bigger issue because his departure would turn a mediocre blueline into a catastrophic one.

As for those persistent Price rumours, now THAT is the unicorn. A trade which - if we get back the kind of return you expect for Price - could really change the parameters of the Habs' future. I am pessimistic that it will happen, but hope it does.

I’m hoping we move him now or at the draft  - just as long as bergevin doesn’t get fleeced  the way Houle did.

29 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Moving Tatar is hardly "blowing up the core." He's the guy I'd be shipping out (assuming a competitive return).

Petry is a bigger issue because his departure would turn a mediocre blueline into a catastrophic one.

As for those persistent Price rumours, now THAT is the unicorn. A trade which - if we get back the kind of return you expect for Price - could really change the parameters of the Habs' future. I am pessimistic that it will happen, but hope it does.

When I say core I just don’t mean Tatar. But I look at him as part of this core group.

Our core group we should be looking at trading are Tatar, Petry, Price, Weber.

You can ask for a young NHL ready D prospect in exchange for Petry .

I really like the path Ottawa took to rebuild their team and think that's the path we should of took.

41 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Not that I'm doubting you but is there a link/tweet that you saw by any chance?

I’m listening to tsn 1260 here, was brought up with the Panel, I think Low Tide.., like I said a rumour out of Edmonton and not sure if it’s anything. These are a bunch of clowns here on most days. 

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Pageau gets a six-year extension with the Islanders.  That could make the deal better for them...or even worse depending on how much they paid him.

Would of loved to see him play for the habs.  But for Ottawa to walk away from him and trade him, i am assuming the term will be high.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Pageau gets a six-year extension with the Islanders.  That could make the deal better for them...or even worse depending on how much they paid him.

$5M per year.  Yikes, that's risky unless he maintains this type of production.

3 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Could that hurt Montreal when it comes time to resign Danault?

It provides the framework of what it's going to cost to keep him.  If they're okay paying that price, it could help them actually.  But if they don't want to go that high, it'd lower the odds of him re-signing.

7 minutes ago, DON said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAA?:wacko:

They could end up with 3 lottery picks plus 4 2nd round picks. How do you not like the way they're rebuilding.

If you're not going to rebuild through Free agency, and your going to rebuild through the draft, this is the way you do it.

9 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

They could end up with 3 lottery picks plus 4 2nd round picks. How do you not like the way they're rebuilding.

If you're not going to rebuild through Free agency, and your going to rebuild through the draft, this is the way you do it.

It has been debated at length how picks outside the top 10 are like forest gump’s box of chocolates 

The Sens stock piling of picks doesn’t guarantee their rebuild anymore than the CH’s

I like the Habs plan so far despite wanting Petry traded now that his value is the highest 

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

It has been debated at length how picks outside the top 10 are like forest gump’s box of chocolates 

The Sens stock piling of picks doesn’t guarantee their rebuild anymore than the CH’s

I like the Habs plan so far despite wanting Petry traded now that his value is the highest 

So then whys even happy with Bergevin getting draft picks in later rounds.  If picks outside top ten are like quote " forest gumps box of chocolates " could imagine what 2,4and 5 round picks are going to turn out.

Just now, Habsfan89 said:

So then whys even happy with Bergevin getting draft picks in later rounds.  If picks outside top ten are like quote " forest gumps box of chocolates " could imagine what 2,4and 5 round picks are going to turn out.

Some of them could be fabulous (think Gallagher) -- but the probability is low, so it's good to have lots of picks in the late rounds.

1 minute ago, Habsfan89 said:

While chances that any one pick will work out, the More picks you have, the better chance of finding a Gallagher or Markov or other player who gets uncovered in the late rounds. 

12 minutes ago, Chris said:

That is there new strategy, since drafting and developing doesnt work for the habs, 

get as many picks as possible and hope 1 of them makes the NHL 

* Troll alert * 👾 * Troll alert * 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1