GAME#65 Canucks @ Habs 7:00 Feb 25 2020

DON

That was a brilliant example by Domi of how not to play defence.  As Horvat skated to the point, he was doing fine.  Then, he sagged off Horvat (first big mistake) on the pass to Toffoli to cover Toffoli.  That left Horvat wide open to accept the return pass.  He then gave it to Toffoli who was somehow left wide open as Domi forgot to check him and went puck watching instead (second big mistake in about three seconds).

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Trade Domi @alfredoh2009;)

Must be the new moon! 😄

And somethings shadowing the moon later in the evening as he faded back to bad Domi

Edited by alfredoh2009
Watching on PVR

15 hours ago, Neech said:

Fortunately, any points we drop are good for us at this point.  

Crazy how we're running Price into the ground on this nothing season. 

We had arguably the top goalie of his generation and wasted his career on (mostly) garbage teams. And no end in sight to the spoilage.

16 hours ago, Neech said:

Fortunately, any points we drop are good for us at this point.  

Crazy how we're running Price into the ground on this nothing season. 

Kooky to play your #1 goalie alot eh and still play fewer games this year than Brodeur played in 9 of his 16 prime years.

But, whiners need something to whine about i guess.

3 minutes ago, DON said:

Kooky to play your #1 goalie alot eh and still play fewer games this year than Brodeur played in 9 of his 16 prime years.

To be fair, all the teams were riding their goalies a lot back in the days, so most often, it was a probably not 100% Brodeur  vs  a probably not 100% opponent goalie.

Today, it's more a probably not 100% Price  vs  a fresh goalie who plays 55-58 games instead of 65-70.

Maybe this can be an advantage for other teams.

9 minutes ago, DON said:

The game is not the same as when Brodeur played.  Today's game is faster, and goaltenders are having to keep pace by making more rapid movements and more athletic saves per game than a Brodeur had to, and that's more of a grind physically.

2 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

To be fair, all the teams were riding their goalies a lot back in the days, so most often, it was a probably not 100% Brodeur  vs  a probably not 100% opponent goalie.

Today, it's more a probably not 100% Price  vs  a fresh goalie who plays 55-58 games instead of 65-70.

Maybe this can be an advantage for other teams.

Habs have zero back to back left and i bet Price says he wants to play and if Waite has no issue with it, then i doubt Julien tells him, dont care your sitting!

The reason for complaining is the widespread belief that this isn't 2014 - the thought being that we will get a higher quotient of "peak Price" if he is not driven into the ground, and also if he can have time to work on his game when he hits on of his slumps instead of having to grind his way out of it while the team loses 8 in a row. That said, I don't care if Price plays every game from now until tee time hits, since nothing they do this season matters any more.

6 minutes ago, DON said:

Habs have zero back to back left and i bet Price says he wants to play and if Waite has no issue with it, then i doubt Julien tells him, dont care your sitting!

One more back to back March 31st/April 1st. Both road games with travel.

I don't give a shit what Price wants to do. Who is running the team? It has been proven by every conceivable metric that Price performs better rested. I'd take the chance on Lindgren 1 every 4 games than Price 15 out of 16 games, because we are more likely to win those 3 out of 4 than 15 out of 16. 

And while this might be a horrible take, and not a hill I will die on, but I think Lindgren and Kinkaid would have performed better this season if they were playing more than once every 3 weeks. The Habs set up their backups to fail by catering to the whims of Carey Price, then act surprised when all their goalies let in 3+ goals a game. 

I agree 100% that Price needs to play less next year. A competent backup is needed. This might be as important as the LHD hole, seriously.

That said, Based on lindgrens play in the AHL, he hasnt shown that hes a competent NHL goalie.  And thats not just based on playing once every three weeks, hes had regular AHL time.  The re-signing of Niemi.  The acquisition of Kinkaid.  We all knew it with both those moves that faith in lindgren was low in the organization

I thought kinkaid, who put up good numbers as a backup in jersey before failing as a starter was a good move.  Obviously, i was wrong.  Goalies are voodoo.  That said we should take another big swing on a backup this summer 

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Who is running the team?

Locals, politicians & media have a huge say it seems, otherwise Gallant would likely be a good choice to replace Julien (if Molson wanted to make a change for sake of change and team collapsing late in many games (and periods) blowing leads left and right under julien).

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

We had arguably the top goalie of his generation and wasted his career on (mostly) garbage teams. And no end in sight to the spoilage.

Careful,  you don’t want to sound like your a glass is half empty person. We should just be thankful we had Price, doesn’t matter that most of the years the team sucked.

4 hours ago, DON said:

Brodeur Slsibplayed in front of a Rick solid D and solid defensive teams most years. He didn’t see the quantity or quality of the rubber price faces.