What UFA are you glad we didn't throw money at ?

Habsfan89

Anyone who claims they knew the Habs should have picked kreider in 2009 is using hindsight.  He was playing high school hockey and none of his games were on tv.  The only way to see him was in person.

Everything he did at the world juniors or at BC was after he was drafted.

So if you are saying that you knew kreider was better at the time of that draft... youre lying.

29 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Anyone who claims they knew the Habs should have picked kreider in 2009 is using hindsight.  He was playing high school hockey and none of his games were on tv.  The only way to see him was in person.

Everything he did at the world juniors or at BC was after he was drafted.

So if you are saying that you knew kreider was better at the time of that draft... youre lying.

Did you read what I said - bob McKenzie had Kreider as the habs pick. I didn’t say I thought he was the bette player. 
Miya funny how many of the habs picks are missed though- because it’s all good because stats show that the have a high percentage of picks that play in the NHL.  What seems to irrelevant is the number of those players are in grunt or depth roles and how few really really good to elite players outside of price, maxpac, Subban and Gallagher the habs on their roster. The only two other elite/potential elite  players - McDonough and Sergechev they traded away.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Boy, that is some iron logic you're showing there. You know what? I'm utterly convinced. Your compelling argumentation, backed by reams of rigorous evidence, has demonstrated beyond any doubt that Timmins has an astonishing, unsurpassable track record of finding REALLY high-end, impact fowards, draft after draft after draft. It truly has been a privilege to behold wave after wave of elite talent flooding into the Bell Centre, year upon year - what a gift to see forward units that leave the 1985 Oilers in the shade through this non stop parade of supremacy: Art Ross after Art Ross, Richard Trophy after Richard Trophy, first All-Star selection after first All-Star selection, it's been a veritable jaw-dropping tsunami of FW bedazzlement! Yaaaaaaay, Timmins! Hell - yaaaaaay, the entire Habs management since 1995!!!!! What have we done to deserve such monumental excellence and achievement? Why, the only downside of Timmins' unrelenting drafting wizardry is finding room in the rafters for all those FW jerseys we're going to have to retire when he's done. HOORAY FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!

Great post!

Some fans are just happy to cheer management on and defend their crap decisions regardless of how bad we are. 

what’s really sad - and scary - is that Ottawa the poster child of a dysfunctional management/ownership team is actually better positioned for the future than we are.

18 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Great post!

Some fans are just happy to cheer management on and defend their crap decisions regardless of how bad we are. 

what’s really sad - and scary - is that Ottawa the poster child of a dysfunctional management/ownership team is actually better positioned for the future than we are.

OK Mr. Little, just relax a bit.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Great post!

I live in Ottawa and listen to the local media and that is not the view.

Generally, Sens fans know that as

li g as Melnik is the owner there is no chance in hell to have a cup contending team. Despite the draft picks and low cap

On 2/29/2020 at 4:08 PM, hab29RETIRED said:

Great post!

No, this is garbage, every team relying on draft lottery to solve their issues have fans reciting the same old "Better positioned for the future" crap. Buffalo has had a "brighter future" than everyone for years, Oilers were going to be contending in a couple of years, FOR YEARS, NJ was going to set the league on fire after drafting Hischier, Hughes, and making the moves they did this summer, only to be forced to rebuild some more, but now with bigger contracts like Subban's on the cap, Toronto was supposed to be a contender at this point, but they can't seem to beat the 1st round or a zamboni driver for that matter, and the list goes on.

There are actually much more examples of teams failing to rise from the ashes from lottery picks than there is that do. Pittsburgh and Chicago are the only prime examples where this worked out with actual results to speak of, maybe someone else will join them one of these days but that hasn't happened yet, at all. You didn't see Boston, St. Louis, Washington, Vegas, Nashville, have to crap their pants for several years recently, to reach their status as Elite teams. We seriously need to stop with this dated mentality that if you are the worst team for a couple of years, you will then magically become the best team a couple of years later. There are many ways to achieve an elite team, none of which can be done without very good cap management, trading, signings, drafting, and development. So lets focus on trying to be the best we can be in those areas for a few years and stop focusing on shipping everyone out who isn't nailed down in the locker room.

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 4:03 PM, hab29RETIRED said:

Did you read what I said - bob McKenzie had Kreider as the habs pick. I didn’t say I thought he was the bette player. 

Just a quick research. https://www.habsworld.net/2009/06/2009-mock-draft-comparison/

Half of them have Leblanc over Krieder.   Outside of the top 4, it was anybody's guess.

Ryan Ellis was everywhere between 10 and 19,   Kulikov between 6 and 16.   It was all mixed up.

On 2/29/2020 at 4:03 PM, hab29RETIRED said:

Miya funny how many of the habs picks are missed though- because it’s all good because stats show that the have a high percentage of picks that play in the NHL.  What seems to irrelevant is the number of those players are in grunt or depth roles and how few really really good to elite players outside of price, maxpac, Subban and Gallagher the habs on their roster. The only two other elite/potential elite  players - McDonough and Sergechev they traded away.

I didnt quote you.  Why do you assume i was responding to you.  I wasnt.