HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

Yep, already heard of him, how's the kid playing?

Oh man, what an addition!! He's small but plays sooo good. im already a fan of his game. He's a midfielder. He can lose opponents so easy, has a great kick, passes always good. And can put others free, or himself with just a simple move. One of holland coming stars!

He just came, but looks like he plays in this team for a year or so....

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Trust me when I say that I hate to post this, but I do think it is something that you should all know.

Italian league halted by violence

Italian league halted by violence

The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) has suspended all matches indefinitely after a policeman was killed at a Serie A match between Catania and Palermo.

Officer Filippo Raciti died as violence flared during the Sicilian derby.

The FIGC has called off all this weekend's professional and amateur games, and also cancelled Italy's friendly with Romania on Wednesday.

Commissioner Luca Pancalli said: "What we're witnessing has nothing to do with soccer, so Italian soccer is stopping."

According to reports, 38-year-old Raciti was struck in the face by a small explosive while attempting to deal with fighting outside the stadium.

He was taken to hospital but died from his injuries.

Pancalli had warned earlier this week that more violence would bring a halt to league matches after clashes between supporters and police in several cities last Sunday.

"One day is not sufficient," Pancalli added after proceeding with his threat. "Without drastic measures, we cannot play again.

"We will immediately set up a commission to discuss the situation between sport and politics. It's not possible to carry on like this."

Catania, fifth in Serie A, against Palermo, who are third, was given an early kick-off time on Friday because of fears over public safety.

Prior to the start, a minute's silence had been held following the death of a club official from lower league club Sammartinese last weekend.

But the match was suspended after an hour when tear gas, used by police to break up the fighting outside the ground, drifted onto the field.

The fighting, reported ANSA news agency, was because Palermo fans could not get into Catania's Stadio Massimino until the second half.

The two teams fled the pitch for the dressing-room, with the game suspended for 30 minutes.

After the match, fans continued to fight running battles with police on the streets outside the stadium and around a hundred people were treated for injuries, while dozens with lesser injuries were taken to local hospitals.

Another police officer is also believed to be in a critical condition.

Catania club executive Pietro Lo Monaco reacted to news of the officer's death by announcing he would leave football.

"I've heard that a policeman has died," he said. "To speak of football right now seems useless. For me this is the end. I will leave the football world.

"I don't recognise myself in this world anymore. I have loved football intensely but after this right now it seems absurd."

Palermo coach Francesco Guidolin was quick to blame Catania fans for the violence.

"We won the match, but we cannot enjoy this victory," said Guidolin. "Football cannot last for much longer like this. There will be no joy in it."

The Catania prosecutor's office has announced an investigation into the incident.

England head coach Steve McClaren reacted to the news by insisting the FIGC must now make the same harsh decisions made in Britain 20 years ago to eradicate football violence.

"They have got to learn a lot about the English game, how it has come on over the years," McClaren told BBC Radio Five Live.

"The safety at most grounds has improved. It is all very, very well controlled and is a great environment in which to take families, and we have to encourage that.

"A lot of other countries are looking at the way we built stadiums, our security, seating and ticketing arrangements and maybe after the drastic events in Italy something has to be done."

Italian prime minister Romano Prodi also issued a statement.

"After the serious incidents that occurred tonight in Catania, my first thought is for the people that have been affected and for their families," he said.

"I feel a duty to say that we need a strong and clear signal to avoid the degeneration of this sport which we are seeing more dramatically and more often."

Palermo had taken the lead through Andrea Caracciolo, but Catania equalised within 60 seconds of the teams coming back out thanks to Fabio Caserta.

Palermo won the game with a controversial David di Michele goal in the 83rd minute.

:(

:clap::clap::clap: were gona win the league were gona win the league and now your gona believe us now your gona believe us now your gona believe us were gona win the league :clap:

how are we all?

:clap::clap::clap: were gona win the league were gona win the league and now your gona believe us now your gona believe us now your gona believe us were gona win the league :clap:

how are we all?

We are miserable, thankyouverymuch.

go Portugal!!!!!!!!!

that's for my son-in-law who thinks that soccer is the ONLY REAL sport... :blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink:

GO :hlogo: GO!

And who has won the CL more recently? Who has won the CL more times? Who has been in the top division longer?

Sure, you can talk about league play, but that's pretty lame stuff. Only 4 teams winning the league in 14 years? Talk about boring. At most there are maybe 6 good teams a year, and even then four of them are always the same. But in the CL, it's the best of the bunch going at it, games that are evenly matched and exciting.

go Portugal!!!!!!!!!

that's for my son-in-law who thinks that soccer is the ONLY REAL sport... :blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink:

GO :hlogo: GO!

Ah yes. Portugal. The team that can't stay on its feet. If Christiano Ronaldo ever decides he's sick of soccer, he can get a job as an Olympic diver. Untouched again this weekend in the Prem and still falls as if shot? What a class guy. Word to the wise, oh King Ronaldo, don't ever come play a friendly here, I'll take your knee out. You sully the game immeasurably and I'm quite willing to end my playing days doing soccer a favour.

And the US shuts out Mexico on US soil once again, extending their streak of 9 games against them without allowing a goal, a stretch that's been going on since 1999. And the Mexicans showed true class by refusing to shake hands and exchange jerseys after the game.

YOU NEED COUNSELLING FELLA.

Transfer records

The first few seasons of the Premier League saw the record transfer fee paid by English clubs broken almost every season, a practice that resumed in the first few years of the twenty-first century.

£3.75million in June 1993 (Roy Keane, Nottingham Forest to Manchester United) £5million in July 1994 (Chris Sutton, Norwich City to Blackburn Rovers)

£7million in January 1995 (Andy Cole, Newcastle United to Manchester United)

£7.5million in June 1995 (Dennis Bergkamp, Inter Milan to Arsenal)

£8.5million in July 1995 (Stan Collymore, Nottingham Forest to Liverpool)

£15million - world record - in July 1996 (Alan Shearer, Blackburn Rovers to Newcastle United)

£18million in November 2000 Rio Ferdinand, West Ham to Leeds Utd

£19million in May 2001 (Ruud van Nistelrooy, PSV Eindhoven to Manchester United)

£28.1million in July 2001 (Juan Sebastián Verón, Lazio to Manchester United)

£29million in July 2002 (Rio Ferdinand, Leeds Utd to Manchester United)

£30million in June 2006 (Andriy Shevchenko, A.C. Milan to Chelsea)

That's why your team is so good buddy !!!! They look like Real Madrid. If you don't know what to do with your money, gimme some!!!

You guys need to settle down.

I am by no means a ManU fan, but there is simply no way that I would compare United's spendings on (and dealing with) players with the spendings [and [man]handling - pun very much intended) of Real Madrid. Of those you listed, the only one who I think you can safely say didn't work out for ManU was Veron - everyone else on that list had or are having a heckuva time at Old Trafford.

Name one team in a top position in any of the big European leagues that hasn't spent a shitload on buying players. United has not only won the domestic league a bunch of time the last two decades under Ferguson, but they have also won the Champions League - something that not even Chelsea with their infinate economic resources have managed.

It's not only about money, it's also about what you do with it.

You guys need to settle down.

I am by no means a ManU fan, but there is simply no way that I would compare United's spendings on (and dealing with) players with the spendings [and [man]handling - pun very much intended) of Real Madrid. Of those you listed, the only one who I think you can safely say didn't work out for ManU was Veron - everyone else on that list had or are having a heckuva time at Old Trafford.

Name one team in a top position in any of the big European leagues that hasn't spent a shitload on buying players. United has not only won the domestic league a bunch of time the last two decades under Ferguson, but they have also won the Champions League - something that not even Chelsea with their infinate economic resources have managed.

It's not only about money, it's also about what you do with it.

I know, Liverpool won Champion League recently, and without signing big names with big money. Man U = NY Yankees of Barclays.