HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

I guess that makes Chelsea the NY Rangers of the premiership: Spend tons of money but can't even make a CL final.

kind of but i'd prefer Chelsea to win any game than Man U Joe Cole rocks!

5-5 tie, scored a goal and played my best game of the winter. :clap:

wow! soccer in the winter... i bet the pitch must be bitchin' hard! :blink::blink::blink: those slide blocks must be very hard to control on the ice... :o:o

has one of the goalies stuck his tongue on the goal posts yet? :P:P:P

GO :hlogo: GO!

5-5 tie, scored a goal and played my best game of the winter. :clap:

What a show off. You actually post how your own soccer games go? :lol:

Go Man U! B)

His diagonal momentum carried him into the goal, plus he slipped.

True, but why did that ball ended up in Dirk Kuyt's feet? I think that ball didn't cross the line on Bellamy's attempt. There was doubt, that's for sure, so why did he throw that ball back into play?

True, but why did that ball ended up in Dirk Kuyt's feet? I think that ball didn't cross the line on Bellamy's attempt. There was doubt, that's for sure, so why did he throw that ball back into play?

It was either continue carrying the ball into the goal or push it back out and hope his guy got to it first.

It was either continue carrying the ball into the goal or push it back out and hope his guy got to it first.

It was kinda weird. I haven't seen a replay, and yes, it's easy to say he should have done this/that.

It was a bad goal. Bad timing. Liverpool is in pole-position and they never play bad at home.

Barcelona has a great team but they have a difficult task awaiting them.

Go liverpool go!

Liverpool is in pole-position and they never play bad at home.

Barcelona has a great team but they have a difficult task awaiting them.

Yep. Liverpool is filthy at home. It will be extremely difficult for Barcelona to net two goals in Anfield, with Liverpool playing all out defense for 90 minutes.

Tottenham just defeated Bolton 4-1 at White Hart Lane. Robbie Keane was unfortunately sent off in the 35th minute on a questionable hands situation after a Bolton corner. Luckily Spurs were ahead 3-0 at that time (2 goals by Keane, 1 by Jermaine Jenas).

Gary Speed scored on the PK that followed Keane's sending-off, but Bolton never got any closer than that in the the second despite being a man up for more than an hour of play. Instead Tottenham played really well and extended the lead to 4-1 after a goal by Lennon in the 93rd minute. Dimitar Berbatov was stellar for Spurs, arguably the best player in the pitch. Hopefully Spurs can continue this little winning streak they've got going.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

FC Twente in fourth place? Wow!

:clap:

We've been for 2 or 3 months now ;) (we didnt lose a point this year until this weekend)

This weekend we could have been 2nd. Number 2 and 3 had to play eachother(also a draw). But we played 0-0 against a bottom team :(

ah well we're doing very well for our means, thanx for the encouragement

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

It can sure be agonizing to be a Spurs fan. I'm obviously thrilled that they beat West Ham, but did they really have to wait until the 88th to tie the game 3-3 and wait until the 95th minute to score the winning 4-3-goal?

:wacko:

It can sure be agonizing to be a Spurs fan. I'm obviously thrilled that they beat West Ham, but did they really have to wait until the 88th to tie the game 3-3 and wait until the 95th minute to score the winning 4-3-goal?

:wacko:

Not nice!! I 'm a Hammers fan and its not looking good, im afraid that they cant pull it together anymore. I missed it today unfortunate, but i read about it. Horrible!!

On the other hand, FcTwente DOMINATED again friday. 3-0 win and Ajax lost, so we're 3rd now. And this sunday we will play Ajax @ home!!

Gillett's team, Liverpool (champions of the league of nations in 2005), lost 1-0 to Barcelona, (champions last year). But apparently Liverpool advances anyways to the quarterfinals.

Gillett and Hicks were attending the game at the Anfield stadium in Liverpool

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle1480668.ece

Gillett's team, Liverpool (champions of the league of nations in 2005), lost 1-0 to Barcelona, (champions last year). But apparently Liverpool advances anyways to the quarterfinals.

Crap, I totally forgot the second match day was today. And the Liverpool game was even on TV. :wall: I guess it's for the best, I didn't have to put up with a 1-0 loss while still advancing.

Liverpool won the first game 2-1, so the aggregate was 2-2. The first tie-breaker is away goals, so since Liverpool scored twice at Camp Nou, they advance.

Chelsea won today so they advance as well.

WHOOT WHOOT

:puke: