HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

I always thought we had 27.500 seats. A friend of mine is saying we have 29.200 and according to wikipedia we have over 30.000 seats. The stadium isn't always at max capacity. I don't think I ever saw a full stadium overhere. I'm still searching the number of season ticket holders.. If I'm not mistaken it's around 20.000.

Standard%20de%20Liège.jpg

I always thought we had 27.500 seats. A friend of mine is saying we have 29.200 and according to wikipedia we have over 30.000 seats. The stadium isn't always at max capacity. I don't think I ever saw a full stadium overhere. I'm still searching the number of season ticket holders.. If I'm not mistaken it's around 20.000.

Well thats quite impressive, i thought soccer in Belgium didn't flourish. Old stadiums/bad play, a lot of foreigners, etc etc. But 20.000 is quite a lot, and this stadium looks good!

Our stadium will probably get another rink around it in 2 years. After that it will also be around 25-27000

BTW: PSV kicked ass!!

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Not nice!! I 'm a Hammers fan and its not looking good, im afraid that they cant pull it together anymore. I missed it today unfortunate, but i read about it. Horrible!!

Meh. Because of West Ham, Tottenham missed out on a lot last season, so I'm glad to get some payback.

I have nothing against West Ham, despite them being one of Tottenham's London rivals, really I don't, in fact I kinda like them more than the average PL team. Probably 'cause of the Spurs connections. I also like Curbishley. But I still feel it was nice to get some payback.

You have to wonder about West Ham. On paper they have a team that should be nowhere near last place in the standings. They must have done a lot of underachieving this season.

You see, I don't think that you lose a game like the Spurs game only because of bad luck. There's much more to it than that. And I'm not just saying that because the lost against Tottenham; last season Tottenham lost a lot of points in the final minutes in the game by allowing goals in the closing minutes several times. And that certainly wasn't only because of bad luck. They simply weren't strong enough to finish the games the way they should have. So even if I haven't followed West Ham that closely this season, I still think it's not far-fetched to draw similar conclusions from what I saw in the Tottenham game. Know what I mean?

It was embarrassing to see the fight after the Champions League game between Valencia and Inter. I hope certain players on both team will be suspended for the rest of the tournament. And in the case of a few Valencia players, if their team is eliminated in the next round, I hope their suspensions will carry over to next season.

I read today that Navarro (the Valencia player who ran onto the pitch and punched an Inter player in the face so he broke his nose) made a statement that he appoligized to Valencia fans and to his family for what he did, and that he was ashamed of his actions. In the article I read, there was however no mentions of him appologizing to the Inter player whose nose he broke. I for one hope Navarro has played his last Champions League game of at least this season, and if it's true that he didn't appologize to the Inter player, well, then I hope the suspension will carry over to the next time he'll get a chance to play for a team that makes it to the CL.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Here you can read more on the Valencia-Inter scandal.

UEFA charge clubs after Mestalla madness

Inter claim innocence over Valencia brawl

I don't know if I think they are completely innocent, but their claims are not entirely without merit.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Meh. Because of West Ham, Tottenham missed out on a lot last season, so I'm glad to get some payback.

I have nothing against West Ham, despite them being one of Tottenham's London rivals, really I don't, in fact I kinda like them more than the average PL team. Probably 'cause of the Spurs connections. I also like Curbishley. But I still feel it was nice to get some payback.

You have to wonder about West Ham. On paper they have a team that should be nowhere near last place in the standings. They must have done a lot of underachieving this season.

You see, I don't think that you lose a game like the Spurs game only because of bad luck. There's much more to it than that. And I'm not just saying that because the lost against Tottenham; last season Tottenham lost a lot of points in the final minutes in the game by allowing goals in the closing minutes several times. And that certainly wasn't only because of bad luck. They simply weren't strong enough to finish the games the way they should have. So even if I haven't followed West Ham that closely this season, I still think it's not far-fetched to draw similar conclusions from what I saw in the Tottenham game. Know what I mean?

I think its the same problem they had a couple of season's back. Then they had a great team that could easily competer for Uefa cup tickets. But there is no chemistry, same thing this season. Great players, they bought for 26 million during winterbreak, thats insane. Sad so see them go down again.

Chelsea FC - Valencia CF

PSV - Liverpool FC

AS Roma - Manchester United

AC Milan - Bayern München

Bring on Liverpool, Go PSV!!

Semi's

Chelsea FC / Valencia CF - PSV / Liverpool FC

AS Roma / Manchester United - AC Milan / Bayern München

PSV anytime as groups stages! GO LIVERPOOL GO !!!

PSV - Liverpool FC

Bring on Liverpool, Go PSV!!

Semi's

Chelsea FC / Valencia CF - PSV / Liverpool FC

Dutchy, I always enjoy reading your posts, but here's where we differ. I like quality soccer clubs, and you are stuck with a sorry love for sad, sad little PSV. :P I feel bad for you, really I do. Come over to the light and enjoy the reality of *real* quality soccer. :D:P

:wub:

I like quality soccer clubs, and you are stuck with a sorry love for sad, sad little PSV.

How is PSV related with FC Twente? Isn't Dutchie a Tukker?

:huh: :puke: ;)

Dutchy, I always enjoy reading your posts, but here's where we differ. I like quality soccer clubs, and you are stuck with a sorry love for sad, sad little PSV. :P I feel bad for you, really I do. Come over to the light and enjoy the reality of *real* quality soccer. :D:P

Thanks, you're to kind!! :P

But i only cheer for PSV cuz i'm patriotic, not cuz i'm a fan of PSV. There is another reason i hope they advance. The more hard games they have, the bigger the chance they spoil points in the national league, and the means MY club FcTwente still has a chance at the overal win in the dutch League. We're behind 9 points (we're finished in Europe/national cup, so only league matches), but are in real good shape. I hope we can keep it that way and make it PSV as hard as we can!

How is PSV related with FC Twente? Isn't Dutchie a Tukker?

:huh: :puke: ;)

YOUR DAMN RIGHT!!! :clap:

:D

We'll beat Liverpool, we'll beat Chelsea and then we'll beat Man U.

Show 'em where REAL soccer is played, eh Dutchie?

Of those clubs i do think Liverpool is the hardest to beat for PSV. You saw how Arsenal walked against a wall. They couldnt even score, and just watch how many quality players they have!!

I have faith in PSV, just cuz the last few years they were always the underdog and maneged many many times to advance! Alex alone could beat Liverpool, the man is a Tank. Just watch how he scores against Arsenal, thats SICK!! The goes soooo high, he stays there for about 5 minutes, and then heads the ball in!!

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N...070309-1416.htm

The first leg of Liverpool's Champions League quarter-final tie with PSV will be played in Eindhoven on Tuesday, April 3.

The club has also confirmed that the return leg at Anfield will take place on Wednesday, April 11.

I can't wait to see those games !!! Do you guys know when the other 1/4 final games will be played?

Edited by JoeLassister