HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

In other news:

Looks like Arsenal's Jens Lehmann and Fulham's Tony Warner's got a bet going on who can give away the most goals to their opponents this season. Obviously Lehmann didn't want Warner to get a lead on him in the fumbles column.

Also, as an unbiased viewer :unsure: , I think the clash between Liverpool and Chelsea should have ended differently. Referee Rob Styles made a number of questionable calls as Liverpool and Chelsea tied 1-1 at Anfield. I'll post a link to a game summary when I can find one. Fernando Torres put Liverpool ahead 1-0 after about 15 minutes. In the second Chelsea got a suspicious-looking penelty kick when a Liverpool defender (Finnan or Carrager, I'm not sure who) - supposedly - brought down Malouda inside the Liverpool penelty area. Lampard made no mistake on the PK.

There were tons of yellow cards and in one particular situation it looked to me as if Chelsea's Essien recieved his second yellow card... but Styles did not send him off. I'd love to see Styles explain that later.

If any team deserved the win it was Liverpool IMO.

FA 'keen to explore' goalline technology

I don't see how they can refuse to any longer. A couple of blatant refere errors the last few years have shown that its impossible for refs to see everything. And what's more important? Allowing the refs to cover their asse$ or make sure teams aren't cheated out of perfectly correct and legally scored goals?

Yeah. But on the plus side, Styles was punished for his mistake: he won't be refereeing any games this weekend.

Kinda makes you wish they had that kinda accountability inthe NHL. Then again, if they did, no one would ever be allowed to ref and they'd be forced to educate a whole new generation of refs... ;)

Robben (€36,000,000) & Gabriel Heinze (€12,000,000) to Real Madrid. Sylvain Wiltord to Rennes (France).

OM, Marseille (France), will be without goaltender Cédric Carrasso for six months. Tore his Achilles tendon.

Who?

The team he plays for which is just recreational. He actually thinks people care about how his team does. :lol:

Bouillon the Habbie.... this thread is for actual soccer. Like the EPL etc. :P

The team he plays for which is just recreational. He actually thinks people care about how his team does. :lol:

Just tell me where did you find that? I cant see it in the title!

Just keep em coming BTH!

Just tell me where did you find that? I cant see it in the title!

Find what? Bouillon the Habbie? or that he's talking about his own team?

Or is it that I said this thread isn't about recreational soccer? ^_^

lol... and how do you know I don't play in the EPL? And a 8-0 blowout would be very exciting for some people who just like to see goals.... like Gary Bettman.

Best thing is they had a getaway car waiting. :lol:

That's not quite as good as the scene in Life of Brian when Brian writes "Romans go home" on the wall a hundred times, but pretty good still.

ANTONIO PUERTA, 22 years old, defender from Sevilla C.F. and an international player with Spain, had a collapse on the field this saturday during de match between Sevilla & Getafe. The match was televised live for all the country, so the impact of this incident in everybody here in Spain is terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFc25Hym6q8

The last news about Antonio Puerta are very bad, he has no brain antivity and he is only living because he is connected to a ventilating machine. He will dead today or maybe tomorrow, acordind the media.

Tonight Sevilla C.F. has a very important match in Athens vs A.E.K. for clasification to the Champions League. At this time, FIFA and UEFA don't authorised to cancel the match.

Yeah, I heard about that. Terrible news. I'm not a religious man, but my thoughts are with Puerta, his family and his teammates. :(

Yeah i watched it this morning, it gave me the creeps...(weirdest thing is how he walks away to the dressingroom)

Thoughts are with him, i hope for the best...

Edit: He just Died :(

Thoughts are with his pregnant girlfriend and his Family!!

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan