HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

There were a lot of weird results last night in the Euro 2008 qualifyers.. Portugal are still just 3rd in Group A, they tied Poland 2-2 at home. In group B, I'd be surprised if France and Italy, the reigning world champions, don't end up in 1st and 2nd, but Scottland is currently in 2md place just ahead of the Italians.

In Group C Turkey only managed a 2-2 tie at Malta. In group E the limeys are still out of the top-2. My brother told me McLaren put Gerrard in the starting 11 and he had to come off some time during the game. McLaren played Owen and Heskey up front. I haven't seen that match, but still I ask myself if there aren't other forwards and midfielders you can play at home against frikken Isreal, even if it was an important game for England. I heard Lampard wasn't available, but still. I'm not that big of a Sven-Göran Eriksson, and I'm probably a lot less vengeful than your average Viking, but I'd still love it if England fails to qualify. Fukken' Finland stands a better chance at this point.

To me (again, without having seen the game of course) the result from Northern Ireland's game in Group F only proves they've outdone themselves by a uge margin so far. The few times I've seen them play, they haven't looked impressive. I won't take anything away from former coach Sanchez, but shit, they've got Healy up front and then what else? Nothing. I was embarrassed when we lost when we played them.

Then again, the Spaniards can't seem to do anything right. Is Aragones still coach? What the Hell is going on? I don't think an Inquisition has ever been this expected...

• 2 weeks later...

plz tell me that the end of this video is made up by some ways !!! he can't just shoot three or four times on the pots and having the ball back right on him each time ?!?!?!?!

Hmm. Two things make me suspicious that it is fake.

1. Notice how the camera zooms out. MIght have been done to make it easier to edit the clip to make it look like he hits the bar and the ball comes back to exactly where he is positioned.

2. The kind of skill it would take to do a thing like that doesn't seem human to me. :wacko:

But I don't know... :blink:

Well, it both is and it is not out of nowhere. For a while now there's been talk about friction between Mourinho and Abramovich. So in that respect I'm not surprised. At the same time, I am surprised, especially because of the timing. Sure, Chelsea haven't gotten off to an especially good start, they only managed to tie Blackburn 0-0 at home at Stamford Bridge in the latest PL game, and they lost the previous game at Aston Villa, a 2-0 loss. Seems like the Champions League tie against Norwegian club Rosenborg the other day was the final straw. But still, I mean come on, the season has just started. They still have all the time in the world to catch up. Nothing is f'ed yet.

Also, even though I don't like his style very much I must admit that I think Mourinho is a very good coach. I thought he and Abramovich would be able to put their differences aside, but I guess they couldn't...

Well, it both is and it is not out of nowhere. For a while now there's been talk about friction between Mourinho and Abramovich. So in that respect I'm not surprised. At the same time, I am surprised, especially because of the timing. Sure, Chelsea haven't gotten off to an especially good start, they only managed to tie Blackburn 0-0 at home at Stamford Bridge in the latest PL game, and they lost the previous game at Aston Villa, a 2-0 loss. Seems like the Champions League tie against Norwegian club Rosenborg the other day was the final straw. But still, I mean come on, the season has just started. They still have all the time in the world to catch up. Nothing is f'ed yet.

Also, even though I don't like his style very much I must admit that I think Mourinho is a very good coach. I thought he and Abramovich would be able to put their differences aside, but I guess they couldn't...

exactly, it's not if Chelsea was so bad early this season. It looks like NJ Devils...

Well i missed 2 home games this month of my favorite team, and some away games (including the UEFA match against Getafe 0-1 loss, in the last minute)

Twente standing 4th now behind Ajax/PSV and Feyenoord, so still going strong :D

October 4th the home game against Getafe, i'll be there.think we still got a shot!!

I think The Montreal Impact will join the MLS soon, maybe 2009. There are fews things that make me say that.

1. MLS is looking for expansion and already said they were interested in Montreal

2. Impact are building a new 12 700 places stadium who could be upgraded to 17 000 by adding a 4th section.

3. They hired recently Richard Legendre who is the former director of the Omnium Du Maurier from 1988 till 2001, director of Tennis Canada from 1988 till 2001, director of the construction of the Center of tennis of the park Jarry from 1990 till 1995 and director/vice-president of the International of Canada from 1999 till 2001. Oh and a former Tourism, Sports Minister.

Nothing is confirmed yet, but why would they hire THIS guy if it's not to join the MLS in the near future ?

Has anyone seen what happened at Celtic Park tonight? I'm sick and tired of all these people running onto the pitch.

Has anyone seen what happened at Celtic Park tonight? I'm sick and tired of all these people running onto the pitch.

If we're talking about the same play then the goalie is pathetic. Worst diving attempt I've ever seen, I would be too embarassed to ever show my face in public again if I did that.

that goalkeeper wants fining- the big girls blouse. on another not how funny was it watching liverpool get beat :clap::lol:

Dida gets two match ban as Celtic escape with fine

I have to say that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Celtic got off way too easy and Dida, well, I don't know about that one. I think Dida's suspension is acceptable if FIFA and UEFA follow suit in the future and continue to suspend divers in the same fashion. Hopefully it will be a start towards that. No more Dida's, no more Rivaldo's... If that is the end result then I am all for it.

Scotland beat the Ukraine rather comfortably 3-1. The Scots' game against Italy is going to be a real tie-breaker, it'll probably decide the fate in that group.

Turkey only managed a 1-1 draw against Moldavia so Norway still has a chance to snatch the second place in that group if they beat Turkey at home. And before that Turkey plays Greece, so it won't be smooth sailing for the Turks, that's for sure.

England beat Estonia 3-0. At this point it's going to be a top notch scandal if the limeys don't qualify. If they don't, McLaren's going to get himself put in front of a firing squad.

In Sweden's group the Spaniards unfortunately beat Denmark so the Danes are basically out of it now.

Holland lost in a game with 45 minutes not so bad soccer, and 45 minutes BAD!! We lost to Roemenia and are now second in the group 2 points ahead of Bulgaria, 3 games remaining...first 2 qualify. Our team will qualify, but we wont compete....we dont have any defence..and one or 2 good midfielders (all the good players compete for the same spots.) Rafael vd Vaart always plays right for the national team. thats stupid, it simply doesnt work!

Dida gets two match ban as Celtic escape with fine

I have to say that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Celtic got off way too easy and Dida, well, I don't know about that one. I think Dida's suspension is acceptable if FIFA and UEFA follow suit in the future and continue to suspend divers in the same fashion. Hopefully it will be a start towards that. No more Dida's, no more Rivaldo's... If that is the end result then I am all for it.

LOL i've just seen it for the first time now, what a faker !!!

I repost for fun.

Oversleeping Babel loses place in Holland team

Liverpool's Ryan Babel was omitted from Holland's team for Saturday's Euro 2008 qualifier with Romania because of oversleeping, according to Oranje coach Marco van Basten.

Van Basten picked Real Madrid's Arjen Robben in place of Babel as a punishment after the Anfield player twice missed team meetings.

The Swedish National Team sucks pretty badly too. We had a golden opportunity on Wednesday to secure a spot in the Euro 2008 with a win against Northern Ireland, a team that we're better than, a team that we were playing at home, a team that had only two wins on the road in the last 27 qualifying games, a team that has not played as well lately as they did in the beginning of this qualifying campaign. And we go out and fall right into their style of football. Everything we said beforehand that we wanted to avoid is exactly what happened. It was the worst game the team has played in ages. :P

We only need one point in the remaining two games (Spain away, Latvia at home) and if we can't manage that we don't deserve to be in the Euro 2008.

I feel bad for the Scots but I must admit I'll laugh myself silly if England doesn't qualify. I still can't understand why they always think they're the best football country in the world. If they don't qualify and don't pick up on the reality check that would be, then they should all have their eyes - or heads - examined. :rolleyes:

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

The Swedish National Team sucks pretty badly too. We had a golden opportunity on Wednesday to secure a spot in the Euro 2008 with a win against Northern Ireland, a team that we're better than, a team that we were playing at home, a team that had only two wins on the road in the last 27 qualifying games, a team that has not played as well lately as they did in the beginning of this qualifying campaign. And we go out and fall right into their style of football. Everything we said beforehand that we wanted to avoid is exactly what happened. It was the worst game the team has played in ages. :P

We only need one point in the remaining two games (Spain away, Latvia at home) and if we can't manage that we don't deserve to be in the Euro 2008.

I feel bad for the Scots but I must admit I'll laugh myself silly if England doesn't qualify. I still can't understand why they always think they're the best football country in the world. If they don't qualify and don't pick up on the reality check that would be, then they should all have their eyes - or heads - examined. :rolleyes:

we dont think that to be honest thiers only rooney and ferdinand who are world class in the england team- the rest are average.

we dont think that most england fans acknowledge that only ferdinand and rooney are world class and that your gerards and terrys and lampards are average