HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

ouch quarter finals C1

Teams / First leg / Second leg

Roma - Man. United / 01/04 / 09/04

Schalke - Barcelona / 01/04 / 09/04

Fenerbahçe - Chelsea / 02/04 / 08/04

Arsenal - Liverpool / 02/04 / 08/04

HUGE meeting Gunners and Reds !!! Go Liverpool Go !!!

Life as a Spurs fan is a roller-coaster.

They beat Arsenal 5-1 in the second leg of the League Cup semifinals. They beat Chelsea 2-1 in the final. They lose to BIrmingham 4-1. They beat West Ham 4-0. They lose to Man City 2-1. They tie Chelsea 4-4 after being down 3-1 and 4-3 - in fact they would have won the game if only Berbatov had managed to miss Cudicini in the 93rd minute.

I'm pleased with the last night's game. Not everyoine manages to score 4 goals on Chelsea.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday almost a tragey unfolded in Holland as there was a big fire before the FcGroningen - Ajax game, several people got injured.

2c4df016_DSC00221.JPG

It started quite innocent with an action where people would throw toiletpapers roles on the field. From everywhere...

But it was set on fire and then the trouble began. As you can see in the next clip

Its one of the newest soccer stadiums in holland

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Ten bucks says Alex Ferguson will send a bouquet of flowers to Emile Heskey as soon as the flower shops open in Manchester tomorrow.

Chelsea played Wigan at Stamford Bridge tonight. As per the usual Chelsea went ahead 1-0 (like 51st minute). They must not have been playing very well though, I had just finished watching this week's episode on Monk and I turned to the soccer game.

THe first thing I noticed was that the Chelsea fans were very quiet. And before I knew it, a Wigan player forced Peter Cech, in goal for Chelsea, to make a great save. After 91 minutes and 14 seconds Heskey delivered a huge blow to Chelsea's quest for the league title when he volleyed home a cross from Jason Koumas on the left Wigan flank. It looked like the Chelsea defense was actually outnumbered in the box and neither one of them could get to the ball first - instead Cech only managed to get his fingers on Heskey's shot and that wasn't enough to keep the ball out of the net. Remarkable! :blink:

Now, with four games remaining, United have a 5-point lead over Chelsea and they are 9 points ahead of Arsenal.

Anyone watch TFC beat David Beckham & Co? Or Owen Hargreaves wonder strike to beat Arsenal? Arsenal have the best away jerseys in the league, I'll give them that, but Lehman just looked stupified...

Edited by les_glorieux

That was a magnificent free kick by Hargreaves. You can't blame the GK for that one. Lehmann did was he was supposed to do (although he could have tried to dive to save the shot): he covered his side of the net and the wall was supposed to have blocked that free kick. Brilliant execution by Hargreaves made that impossible though.

BTW, was Hargreaves born in Canada or the US, or do I have him confused with someone else?

I think Arsenal was actually slightly better than United, but it was a close game and I'm definitely not saying United didn't deserve the win. Ronaldo was cool as ice on the PK's.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

BTW, was Hargreaves born in Canada or the US, or do I have him confused with someone else?

Grew up in Calgary, moved to Germany to play for Bayern Munich when he was 14ish.

Edited by les_glorieux

As a die hard Man. United fan, I'm lovin' it.

^_^

Sadly, they're the only sports team I like that is doing well at the moment......

Edited by Captain_Stealth

No, game will be played on wednesday.

And yeah everything has been taped so the ones who did it will be punished!

Well i can remember it happened at a FcTwente Cupfinal to. We all had 2 roll's of paper to throw when the players get on the field. Probably someone threw a cigaret in it, and it was burning. But it was just small and people put it out. Over here it was toilet paper and that burns even easier, and the only waterhose didnt produce enough water, and the fire department came after 30 minutes, so to many problems caused this

41ed6ff962405amstelcupsfeer4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I honestly didn't think this was going to happen... but it obvously did.

Meh. Grant can say whatever he wants, but in the end, Chelski did not prevail so he wants to take a few shots for losing out.

Anyways, it looks like Drogba is off to Milan so that'll be a huge loss for them. Getting Bosingwa however, was another weird move since they already have depth at right back.

Can't wait for the 21st! :D